Price tracking website shows you if a Takealot deal is actually good

uchoose

Great site, Just realised my possible black Friday deal has to get much cheaper before I buy it.

B-1

Expert Member
In an alternate universe takealot implements price tracking on their own site to help consumers with finding the best deals and live up to their motto of:

"We’re takealot.com, and we’ve built our business on the simple principle that our customers come first."

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
How long till TakeALot will shut this site down since they have done it in the past for dealsdeals or something

deweyzeph

Executive Member
If it's a choice between buying something on Takealot or from some mom and pop store I've never heard of for a R100 less, I'll choose Takealot every time.

RedViking

Nord of the South
It only compares Takealot to Takealot.

It needs to compare Takealot to other online stores. Then only you will know if you are being ripped of.

ElixirCoder

I’d like to see an analyses done on the percentage of products that had their listing prices increased 2 or 3 months ago in preparation for Black Friday.

Anecdotally with another 30 random products I’ve checked it seems that around 90% underwent a dramatic listing price increase in that time frame.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
That's nice. I'm just stating the way it is. Currently it only compares Takealot to Takealot. That's it.

100%, and I agree. But its a great first start to have historical price tracking on TakeAlots bollocks.

mrlgm007

Expert Member
Hope the site can last like the comments state been a few others but all shut down which is sad.

hj007

Expert Member
Yeah scraping is against Takealot's terms of service, so announcing a scraping / monitoring service...

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Dealsdealsdeals.co.za did this before. Takealot probably either blocked or threatened them because takealot tracking was removed soon after the site got popular.
doesn't really matter if the takalot price is there. Its the other sites you want to see.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Site will be shutdown or checks will stop working by the end of the week