Pricelist Software

Dolby

Honorary Master
I can't remember if I posted this or not ... but I was wondering : do you get price list software?

So, on the back end you enter a photo, description, price, company logos etc - click 'OK' and it generates a good looking and easy to read price list? Maybe templates where it add Christmas Bells or other events in the year?

price.jpg

sajunky

Honorary Master
These looks like were manually made and saved as pictures like Esquire specials.
I think Excel has reports.

Last edited:

Dolby

Honorary Master
They must have a way to generate automatically though. Excel is far too manual with room for errors.

Formatting cells, and changing fonts, sizes etc is also a ball ache when things are added or removed.

Over time, there's little consistency - every worksheet has a different size font, different size columns etc

alphabyte

Certainly this can be done in an online process, where the info is stored in a database and then used to populate a web page. The user can filter the results, e.g. by category, price, etc. But presumably you want it to produce a printed output?

Werfetter

They must have a way to generate automatically though. Excel is far too manual with room for errors.

Formatting cells, and changing fonts, sizes etc is also a ball ache when things are added or removed.

Over time, there's little consistency - every worksheet has a different size font, different size columns etc
The thing is you set up the worksheet to function and look the way you want it to and then you lock it. You the protected sheet that pulls the Product name, price, image and whatever you want from another sheet where you have the same risk you would have with any other pricelist software where the highest risk is still the person typing in the information...

Dolby

Honorary Master
Certainly this can be done in an online process, where the info is stored in a database and then used to populate a web page. The user can filter the results, e.g. by category, price, etc. But presumably you want it to produce a printed output?
Or an PDF or some way of sending out.

So kinda what you say - but with a 'generate' ....

I've seen some systems that you enter all the stock info on the CRM, and from there click generate to get a decent looking and easy to read list. That'd be ideal ... but we don't have that CRM yet

Thor

Honorary Master
I can put you in contact with someone who can do this for you - they make the factsheets for the ETF providers.
This is just another standardized report.

If they cannot help you, then I think I will try and build this, seems like a fun project for PHP.

Thor

Honorary Master
I can put you in contact with someone who can do this for you - they make the factsheets for the ETF providers.
This is just another standardized report.

If they cannot help you, then I think I will try and build this, seems like a fun project for PHP.