Primary school principal suspended for 'lowering pupil into pit toilet' to retrieve dropped cellphone

Mila

Honorary Master
why would a white person do anything like this? Aren't you all superior & identical in morals ?
Because men and boys do stupid things.. you are just wired that way..
Your frontal cortex develops slower so you tend to be stupid for longer than woman.

( Off topic and all that... Brings us back to the I identify as a woman thing... lets not digress... )

Men and boys are wired to be more stupid. WE all shared schools we saw all the poops you guys got up to. This is not me saying it isn't bad but it explains why there were no females involved.. if there was you might see this pop up on social media though..

surface

Honorary Master
Your frontal cortex develops slower so you tend to be stupid for longer than woman.

( Off topic and all that... Brings us back to the I identify as a woman thing... lets not digress... )

Men and boys are wired to be more stupid. WE all shared schools we saw all the poops you guys got up to. This is not me saying it isn't bad but it explains why there were no females involved.. if there was you might see this pop up on social media though..
I was totally being sarcastic in my post. There seems to be lot 'white/jan/colonial' coming up in most of the threads.

I don't have anything to say either way about stupidity about men & boys as I haven't studied the subject at all. From a hunter gatherer perspective, men would be inclined to go hunting and facing troubles - that much I can stretch my logic a bit. And one could call hunting stupid in today's terms as 'I can definitely order any animal from woolies/carnivore, right?"

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
According to the article, there was no adult supervision. The lowering "harness" was a rope tied under his armpits. He could have easily slipped out of it. He was lowered into what can be classified as confined space without necessary protocols followed. This being a rural school, I have doubts about whether there are people trained in basic rescue as well as first aid.

Here I have to agree with you. Anyone that asked an adult to be lowered without protocols into a confined space with known pathogens would be fired in industry and criminally charged.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

"Forever young, I want to be forever young"

schumi

Honorary Master
Principal accused of child abuse makes court appearance

The Eastern Cape principal accused of lowering a grade 6 learner into a dirty pit toilet to retrieve his cellphone has been warned not to return to the school for the duration of the case.

Luthuthu Junior Secondary principal, Lubeko Mgandela, 49, made a brief appearance in the Tsolo Magistrates Court on 16 March and faces a charge of child abuse for the incident. A previous statement by officials stated that Mgandela could face attempted murder charges.

He was granted bail of R2,500 and part of his bail conditions include that he not interfere with witnesses and not return to the school. Mgandela is due back in court on 27 May.

More at: https://www.groundup.org.za/article/education-mec-visits-family-learner-lowered-pit-toilet/

schumi

Honorary Master

School principal who forced a child into a pit toilet to look for a cellphone has been fired​

It was seen as the worst form of abuse of power. Community members called it an infringement of a child's right to dignity and children's rights advocates called for the harshest possible punishment.

Now the man responsible has been dealt his first blow by losing his job. He still faces other charges.

When the principal of the Luthuthu Junior Secondary School in Ugie, Eastern Cape, Lubeko Mgandela, forced a pupil to climb into a pit toilet to search for his phone, it shocked the whole community.

Now Lubeko (49) has been dismissed from his job.

He promised an 11-year-old boy R200 if he found his cellphone, which he dropped in a pit toilet at the school.

The child, who lives with his grandmother, didn't find the phone and went home.

Once the community found out about what happened, Lubeko visited the boy’s home and apologised to his grandmother and gave the boy R50. She accepted the apology but community members were not convinced.

Vuyiseka Mboxeka, media liaison officer for Eastern Cape education MEC, says Lubeko was dismissed after pleading guilty in a disciplinary hearing

More at: https://www.news24.com/drum/News/Lo...-look-for-a-cellphone-has-been-fired-20210621

schumi

Honorary Master
Court fines former Eastern Cape principal R4,000 for lowering learner into pit toilet

The former Eastern Cape principal accused of lowering a learner into a dirty pit toilet to retrieve his cellphone has been ordered to pay a fine of R4,000. This after Lubeko Mgandela pleaded guilty to a charge of child abuse in the Tsolo Magistrates court.

Mgandela had forced a grade 6 learner from Luthuthu Junior Secondary to strip naked. A rope was tied around the learner before he was lowered to the bottom of the pit toilet to search for the cellphone. Mgandela had promised the child R200 if he found the phone. He later paid him R50 when he could not find it.

He was dismissed by the provincial education department after the community expressed outrage. During disciplinary proceedings, he was found guilty of gross misconduct.

More at: https://www.groundup.org.za/article...-principal-r4000-lowering-learner-pit-toilet/

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I honestly don't see the point of sending him to jail, as horrible as what he did is, he has already lost his job and that in my view is punishment enough, he must be a decent enough human being to make an effort to meet with the family to make amends, because I doubt he has money for a civil lawsuit if the family decides to go that route.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I honestly don't see the point of sending him to jail, as horrible as what he did is, he has already lost his job and that in my view is punishment enough, he must be a decent enough human being to make an effort to meet with the family to make amends, because I doubt he has money for a civil lawsuit if the family decides to go that route.

What? He's an ANC and SADTU member and paid someone to get that job as well as paid a monthly stipend to keep that job. This is standard practice in those areas.

He will enter the ANC unemployment revolving door and re-emerge in another under the radar back office job somewhere else. The ANC is a family and friends business.

RedViking

Nord of the South
The kid should just have shouted

"OK GOOGLE"

and Google would have responded.

Don't they teach these kids anything these days.....