Private delivery companies vs SA Post Office - Comparing ecommerce options

Stokstert

Executive Member
Those percentages of in time deliveries most probably excludes those items that are not delivered at all. Customer satisfaction levels are not reflected by many customers here on MyBB.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Those percentages of in time deliveries most probably excludes those items that are not delivered at all. Customer satisfaction levels are not reflected by many customers here on MyBB.
Even if those figures are accurate...

If I had an ecommerce platform that required delivery and all that... the LAST entity I would approach is SAPO...

marine1

Honorary Master
Well when I complained to ICASA, this got moving and got delivered.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
The undertaking of large-scale ecommerce deliveries is a logical step for the SA Post Office, as it is currently mandated with running the country’s postal system into the ground.

FTFY

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
If any e-commerce business decides to use SAPO (with their track record) I will be inclined to shop somewhere else. I don't need to be worrying if I am going to get my products or not

Johand

Expert Member
I wouldn't trust any of those statistics they quote...

The mybroadband.co.za letter tests said it all. Burning a letter and asking ghosts to deliver the message is a more efficient way of communicating than using SAPO.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
He said that SAPO’s Speed Services Couriers’ current on-time delivery performance is 88%, which is only slightly below the 92% target agreed in the SLA with ICASA.
Only sightly?! That's 50% out of SLA.

Swa

Honorary Master
Only sightly?! That's 50% out of SLA.
Honestly I don't see how they could deliver those Speed Services packages quicker than they do. I don't think it uses the same channels and employees.

Haniffg2

They will never launch a successful e-commerce platform. Not in this lifetime. Private courier companies have already been established and they are super reliable. The post office will never succeed. Just like most of the SOEs.