Private estates making big money from speeding fines

access

Executive Member
A combnation of both? I easily go over speedbumps at 60km/h in the middle of a road (I slow down at min circle or such ones, but not for the speedbumps, but because I know the risks). IF I was a rule breaking speeder, I might go over them faster.

Then you get the bunch that complain about speedbumps messing up their suspension and such.
yes there are useless speedbumps out there you can cruize over. then there are ones that smack the bottom of your car and your head against the roof.

were not discussing half cameras or half bumps here are we?

a person needs to be aware of the camera too, even then if they are aware of it they only slow down for it at that small area,

much easier to have multiple speed bumps than multiple cameras.

Ponderer

Expert Member
@access and @ambroseg1
What stops you from speeding between the speed bumps?
More speed bumps?
How effective is speed bumps for vehicles with off-road suspensions?
How can you two geniuses not grasp/understand that speed fines is a highly efficient method to deter speeding.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
@access and @ambroseg1
More speed bumps?
How can you two geniuses not grasp/understand that speed fines is a highly efficient method to deter speeding.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: thats why thousands of people continue speeding and getting speed fines every single day.

access

Executive Member
@access and @ambroseg1
More speed bumps?
yes more speed bumps reduce the possibility of higher acceleration. of course it does.

lol because the majority has monster truck off road suspension, right. have you ever driven a 4x4 over a proper speed bump at speed? clearly not.

so tell us, what is the purpose of a speed bump. or gate for that matter.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
@access and @ambroseg1
More speed bumps?
Well, it's only effective if it actually hurts the pocket and is done fast and efficient, which the government is bad at doing, but I'm sure estates will be able to do better.

access

Executive Member
Because government is a bunch of incompetents/slackers?
the problem is the speeding.

the fine comes after the fact of speeding. in other words the speeding happens and the dangers that go with it.

a speed bump or gate or dip prevents the speeding happening in the first place.

its really simple.

mikef

Expert Member
Well, it's only effective if it actually hurts the pocket and is done fast and efficient, which the government is bad at doing, but I'm sure estates will be able to do better.
Considering that estates only have the right to fine owners, how effective would this be to prevent other drivers from speeding?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
the problem is the speeding.

the fine comes after the fact of speeding. in other words the speeding happens and the dangers that go with it.

a speed bump or gate or dip prevents the speeding happening in the first place.

its really simple.
So you'd keep speeding even after you got a big fine for the first time you sped? And you won't complain about the speed bumps? Some people complain do about speed bumps.

access

Executive Member
So you'd keep speeding even after you got a big fine for the first time you sped? And you won't complain about the speed bumps? Some people complain do about speed bumps.
well i have had multiple speeding fines. nothing excessive or dangerous though.

but ive always slowed down for a speed bump.

of course people complain about them, they are annoying, but its the purpose they serve thats more important surely.

Carnajo

Well, we had a plonker in our estate who would literally floor it in his M3 between speedbumps, like floor it, brake, floor it, brake. So he got fined and of course disputed it, raised all kind of commotion, said it wasn't legal. HOA simply said that it is a civil matter not a legal matter so he can try dispute it if he likes. He didn't, he paid the fine. 2 weeks later he was fined again for noise violation because he decided the best way to "get back" was to rev his car as loud as possible at 2 a.m. as he was coming in or leaving the estate.

Why do people forget that if you choose to live in a complex you are part of a community.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Well, we had a plonker in our estate who would literally floor it in his M3 between speedbumps, like floor it, brake, floor it, brake. So he got fined and of course disputed it, raised all kind of commotion, said it wasn't legal. HOA simply said that it is a civil matter not a legal matter so he can try dispute it if he likes. He didn't, he paid the fine. 2 weeks later he was fined again for noise violation because he decided the best way to "get back" was to rev his car as loud as possible at 2 a.m. as he was coming in or leaving the estate.

Why do people forget that if you choose to live in a complex you are part of a community.
As opposed to living in a free standing house which doesn't make you part of a community :ROFL:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
well i have had multiple speeding fines. nothing excessive or dangerous though.

but ive always slowed down for a speed bump.

of course people complain about them, they are annoying, but its the purpose they serve thats more important surely.
And I don't, unless I know it's a real party rocker...

Ponderer

Expert Member

Some people are (narcissistic) a$$holes.
Some people are just plain stupid.
Some people are both.

I am of the opinion that those that squeal about speeding fines in private residential areas are stupid self-centered a$$holes.

access

Executive Member

like people that speed and slow down for cameras. if they even do.

if there were no speed bumps hed be speeding all the way.

cant speed over a speed bump, can speed through a camera.

some people are too inbred to realise the difference

vigras rojara

Expert Member
like people that speed and slow down for cameras. if they even do.

if there were no speed bumps hed be speeding all the way.

cant speed over a speed bump, can speed through a camera.

some people are too inbred to realise the difference
Still think a combination of both is best. With my previously mentioned 2km trek to the gate, if they added more speed bumps I'd have to move somewhere else, or buy a hovercraft or something....