Private sale purchase advice - 2015 Ford Ecosport

Maddox20

Hi there,

I am looking for some advice on purchasing a Ford EcoSport.

A family member of mine is selling a 2015 Ford EcoSport 1.5T Titanium auto for R150K.

It’s got 80000km on the clock and has just been serviced.

The car comes with the following add-ons:
Front bull bar
Front bonnet guard
Rear tyre cover

I am not clued up on Ford vehicles (or any vehicles for that matter) so any information/advice would be helpful.

I have checked prices of other EcoSport models with the same specs+mileage+age and this seems to be at a discount to those. Is this a good deal?

The car seems to be in good condition from what I can see. Is there something I should be looking out for? Common issues with these vehicles?

I'm leaning toward buying this as for R150k, I don't think I wouldn't be able to get a much better car. Is this correct?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Does the family member love you enough not to saddle you with their problems? It's a good price for the car you get but with Ford it's always a hit and miss, you just don't know what you are getting, it coukd be a very reliable car or it could be a car that brings great misery and sorrow into your life.

Why is the family member selling it?

Katelknaap

I've had a 2014 Ecosport since new, never had any issues with it. Can't speak to the autobox or turbo though as mine is a plain manual 1.5 petrol. I would imagine those 2 components could be very pricy to fix/replace if required.

Be aware that @ around 90/100k's the cambelt service is pretty expensive and that's your next one.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Hi there,

I am looking for some advice on purchasing a Ford EcoSport.

A family member of mine is selling a 2015 Ford EcoSport 1.5T Titanium auto for R150K.

It’s got 80000km on the clock and has just been serviced.

The car comes with the following add-ons:
Front bull bar
Front bonnet guard
Rear tyre cover

I am not clued up on Ford vehicles (or any vehicles for that matter) so any information/advice would be helpful.

I have checked prices of other EcoSport models with the same specs+mileage+age and this seems to be at a discount to those. Is this a good deal?

The car seems to be in good condition from what I can see. Is there something I should be looking out for? Common issues with these vehicles?

I'm leaning toward buying this as for R150k, I don't think I wouldn't be able to get a much better car. Is this correct?
2015 Ecosport 1.5TDCi Titanium 2015
Two variants:-
48380:- Trade R149 000 retail R166 300
48381:- R150 500 and R167 500
Ave to good kilo's
So the pricing is good if in good condition

Maddox20

Does the family member love you enough not to saddle you with their problems? It's a good price for the car you get but with Ford it's always a hit and miss, you just don't know what you are getting, it coukd be a very reliable car or it could be a car that brings great misery and sorrow into your life.

Why is the family member selling it?
They have a new business and need to be able to transport things in a bigger van. So having a Ford Ecosport isn't practical for them anymore.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
They have a new business and need to be able to transport things in a bigger van. So having a Ford Ecosport isn't practical for them anymore.
But no known issues were declared?

It's very keenly priced and it's a solid car compared to the mediocrity you can buy today for the same amount, I honestly don't have anything against it.

Quick question, did they have a 1.5 turbo petrol or you meant the diesel?

MidnightZA

Expert Member

Did the eco sport ever come with a petrol turbo? It would be interesting to see the power of that. I know it came in the 1.5TDCi and that has some good torque for a small engine

GhostSixFour

Username approved by US Airforce
Did the eco sport ever come with a petrol turbo? It would be interesting to see the power of that. I know it came in the 1.5TDCi and that has some good torque for a small engine

I think the petrol version with a turbo was the 1.0 ecoboost.

@Ghekko

2015 Ecosport 1.5TDCi Titanium 2015
Two variants:-
48380:- Trade R149 000 retail R166 300
48381:- R150 500 and R167 500
Ave to good kilo's
So the pricing is good if in good condition
I would say the pricing is good if the car does not have any hidden issues, The service for this car at a Ford dealership is a bit steep especially if you do not have any service plan. I also found out that some of the fuses that start giving issues in a car of this age can only be sourced from Ford(searched the internet high and low for the cube type not blade) are ridiculously priced, Ford Brynston quoted me between R340 and R550 and did not have in stock and Woodmead sold me one for R130 or maybe I'm the stingy one but for fuse.......

Maddox20

But no known issues were declared?

It's very keenly priced and it's a solid car compared to the mediocrity you can buy today for the same amount, I honestly don't have anything against it.

So no known issues were declared. Also can't remember them complaining about anything in that car from the time they bought it either.

Sorry I got that last part wrong, its a 1.5 Tivct Titanium powershift, Premium version with cruise control

TheChamp

Honorary Master
So no known issues were declared. Also can't remember them complaining about anything in that car from the time they bought it either.

Sorry I got that last part wrong, its a 1.5 Tivct Titanium powershift, Premium version with cruise control
You definitely won't find any decent car for that amount, my Ford reservation aside, it is a good deal, plus I have more confidence in normally aspirated engines than the newer small capacity turbos, that Ford 1.5 punched well above its weight.