Private security and police prepare on reports planned insurrection on 23 August

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member

Thor

Honorary Master
I doubt this is true.

I asked the local police here in Bellville.

They told me I should stop listening to whatsapp messages, ie they've not heard of any planned attacks.

Last edited:

Budza

Executive Member
Can we get a poll to see who thinks anything will actually happen?

Mekon

Expert Member
Ready for action? Not like last time when it was just inaction.

MeestaR

Expert Member
Scary to think what would happen if cde. Zuma dies tomorrow? They will find someone to blame for his death.

RedViking

Nord of the South
They just too happy the media promotes it for free.

The next event won't be a looting riot.

Sanzer

Firstly, any feedback or investigation on the instigators of the last insurrection is welcome. Secondly yes the security companies did assist but it was the communities that managed to protect themselves. The SAPS were nowhere to be see and the usual excuses were used no equipment, no vehicles, short staffed.....and the list goes on. What will they do differently is something does occur.

semaphore

Honorary Master
I doubt this is true.

They told me I should stop listening to whatsapp messages, ie they've not heard of any planned attacks.
Because I'm sure they heard of the first around of attacks as well...

RonSwanson

Executive Member
...all officers must wear bulletproof vests, including those working in charging offices at police stations.
And if anyone wants to know what a charging office is, it's where our finest SAPS members charge their smartphones. Also where they plug their heaters in.

Bobbin

Executive Member
I doubt this is true.

Unless a sort of Streisand effect occurs. i.e. attempts to suppress the fake news will actually hype it and something does happen.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
strange that they "know" who the instigators are... but no arrests? however, if you do not pay your fine, they will come and arrest you - same day service.
I've never paid a fine and still waiting to be arrested, so this is false.
They are useless and pointless in all aspects.