Private security and police prepare on reports planned insurrection on 23 August

Priapus

Executive Member
Hi @Jan ,Why has no shutdown happened? I did not want to go into work today.

I was promised a shutdown, Jan.

Remember, they had reliable source...

We have a source in intelligence that's corroborated the information, including the existence of the document. We haven't yet seen the document ourselves, hence the reference back to Netwerk24.

Completely understand your skepticism. One has to ask how/why the document got leaked.

My pet theory is that it got out to journalists to help avert/dissuade the attack, but it could be for any reason. Impossible to know without the benefit of hindsight.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
So news articles about the shutdown thwarted the shutdown?

This is fantastic news. I think this is the only positive thing that a journalist has ever accomplished.

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
I was promised a shutdown, Jan.

You and me both!

Remember, they had reliable source...

Don't mischaracterise what I said. Misquoting people is the exclusive domain of journalists. I'll sic my union on you.

Alternatively, I'll have no choice but to deputise you as an honourary journalist. You wouldn't like that, now would you?

Priapus

Executive Member
Don't mischaracterise what I said. Misquoting people is the exclusive domain of journalists. I'll sic my union on you.

Alternatively, I'll have no choice but to deputise you as an honourary journalist. You wouldn't like that, now would you?

Show me where I misquoted you?

I interpreted what you said (By showing the full quote) as to you having a reliable source. I assume its reliable, otherwise, why would you use them?