Probable Gautrain strike, Monday 30 July

ambroseg1

Executive Member
I tend to agree with you..

BUT I can partially buy a shift allowance for weird shift time employees.... since transport is more expensive at those times...
I agree, IF that allowance was there at inception of employment. Not x years after being employed. If its weird hours, an adult would see how much the salary is, and make a decision based on that if its worth it and if he could make it through a month paying the higher transport fees to get to work.

These people are being coddled. And the very very last thing this country needs is workers that are coddled and not treated like adults.

kfc4unme

Gautrain strike: Unfortunately, wage negotiations have deadlocked and as a result a strike will commence tomorrow morning, 30 July. An operational plan is being finalised and the details of which will be communicated later this afternoon. Reply STOP to opt out.

schumi

Honorary Master

Gautrain staff to go on strike on Monday

A strike by Gautrain staff will begin on Monday after wage negotiations deadlocked over the weekend.

This was confirmed by the Gautrain on its Twitter account on Sunday.

“Unfortunately‚ wage negotiations have deadlocked and as a result a strike will commence tomorrow‚ July 30. An operational plan is being finalised and the details of which will be communicated later‚” the tweet said.
More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2018-07-29-gautrain-staff-to-go-on-strike-on-monday/

creeper

Expert Member
And it seems that the build of Gautrain users were on the road this morning. Which is understandable as no one wants to take the risk. The roads were chaos (might still be)

Messugga

Executive Member
False equivalence.
Working from home IS making a plan. Some jobs it's feasible, some it's not. If you're a taxi passenger and it's feasible to work from home, then do it.
Yep. Have had people who usually take public transport work from home during taxi strikes. Didn't so much as raise an eyebrow.