Program to recover files deleted from SD card?

Migrant

Can anyone please recommend a program to recover files deleted by mistake from an SD card? Using a MacBook and preferably a free program (and hopefully to have to use only once). Yes, I've googled this but would prefer recommendations from personal experience.

Nate3268

Can anyone please recommend a program to recover files deleted by mistake from an SD card? Using a MacBook and preferably a free program (and hopefully to have to use only once). Yes, I've googled this but would prefer recommendations from personal experience.
minitool power data recovery

I use Disk Drill Media Recovery.
+1 for Disk Drill MR. And, with a download from their site, works on all external media. Just last week I had it do some work on a 1TB external. Not free though but last I checked affordable.

Oooh - no longer that cheap. We got it at $2 a while back. Now, it is R700. If you stay near Benoni, you are more than welcome to bring the media to see if I can recover it.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Oooh - no longer that cheap. We got it at $2 a while back. Now, it is R700. If you stay near Benoni, you are more than welcome to bring the media to see if I can recover it.
Cost me £1.49 in 2013.

Same offer if you're in PE.

Tander

Expert Member
No idea which program to use; however what I can recommend is not using that card at all. Don't even plug it in, until you have a program to use on it.

Migrant

+1 for Disk Drill MR. And, with a download from their site, works on all external media. Just last week I had it do some work on a 1TB external. Not free though but last I checked affordable.
Just a follow up on this thread: in the end, I used Disk Drill (the free version). It found deleted images quickly but the ones I wanted had I think long since been written over (I had had to use the card quite a lot since the accidental deletion). No problem, the lost images were not that important, and it is good to know that Disk Drill offers a free solution.