Property Clearance Certificate - M&T

Maelly

Expert Member
Hi guys, just checking, I have been waiting for a Clearance Certificate (on a property I am buying from M&T) for quite some time now, 21 worlking days to be exact.
How long does this process take anyway, is there somethingh else I can do besides just bombarding M&T Attorneys with calls and emails? Can I directly approach the City concerned (City of Tswhane)?

Thanks

syntax

Executive Member
No clue, but i have been waiting for the council to give a rates and taxe's cert on a new place...only been 7 months

TheGuy

Expert Member
Meally I also bought from M&T and it took about a month for it to come through. There is nothing much you can do as your waiting for the municipality.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Hey Tau1z I'm in the same boat, keep getting told it's due to their ***** up on billing. So far I owe over R2k on it but hey

syntax

Executive Member
Hey Tau1z I'm in the same boat, keep getting told it's due to their ***** up on billing. So far I owe over R2k on it but hey
we bought a new place, but havent moved in since occupation is on transfer. They cant transfer till they get the cert, and they wont negotiate a ridiculous occupational rent.
So everyone is losing at the moment. Extremely irritated

Lupus

Honorary Master
Wow that sucks, hopefully they sort it out soon, I've moved in, and for some reason transfer went through, it's just trying to get CoJ to sort out rates and taxes is a nightmare.