PS4 in SA for December launch, price indicated

genetic

Honorary Master
The PS4 will is a better console than the XBOX One anyway - never mind Microsoft's inept attitude towards the One.

krepunk

Not quite as bad as I was expecting, taking into account shipping and customs you would pay it's pretty close to the AmazonUK price. Want one, but it's still more than I feel comfortable paying for a console.

The PS3 launched at a price of R6500 or something right?
How long did it take for the price to come down to a more reasonable amount?

B3ns

Yeah ps3 was around R 6500.00 if i recall. I was hoping for around R 5500.00, but ive been saving since the beginning of the year so can still get it at this price and will be, just will have to have 1 less game :(

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
it's overpriced

It actually sounds about right if we compare it to Europe. Imagine what the X1 will cost at $100 more.

MS have really screwed themselves over, first with their DRM nonsense and inferior gaming hardware, then forcing kinect into the package at a higher price, then launching only in certain countries sometime next year.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Then announcing that Kinect is not compulsory after all.

The only thing that the Xbox One has going for it, in my eyes, is Forza 5.

And some of their dialog about the Cloud scares me - boasting about how much more processing power the Cloud gives the console. We know that is a complete lie because of latency.

genetic

Honorary Master
People freak out at the new PS4 and Xbox prices, but they will fork oit R8,000 for a phone which is obsolete 2 years later. A playstation has a life span of about 8 years before a new one comes out.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
People freak out at the new PS4 and Xbox prices, but they will fork oit R8,000 for a phone which is obsolete 2 years later. A playstation has a life span of about 8 years before a new one comes out.

'cos mostly they get the phone on a contract

and they use it all the time for multiple functions incl comms, entertainment, gaming, pronz, taking pics, taking vids, harassing ex's (the list goes on)

and they don't have to fork out R450 a pop to use the thing for it's primary function

and...

and

:D