• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

PS4 Peripherals for my son

Pitbull

Verboten
So, time has come where it's his turn to have a little bit of money spent on his "hobbies" Sisters have had their turn.

He has requested we buy him another remote, keyboard and mouse as well as a few game. Budget around R 5k.

I didn't even know one can use a KB/Mouse on PS4, apparently one can - This might get me into PS4 gaming.

Also which online multiplayer and offline RPG are good to purchase? Thinking Fallout4 for offline? Maybe Battlefield WWII or something for online play. Roughly 3 or so games you guys would suggest. Need a multiplayer online shooter to be one at least.

Pitbull

Verboten
An Xbox one :)...
A keyboard and mouse do work for some games on the PS4 but it's apparently not that great. CoD is WW2, Battlefield is WW1 :)
Ok that then :p

He's big on the Battlefield franchise since I have been playing it for years on the PC and he grew up liking it. He despises the COD franchise :eek:

Right, so a good KB and mouse then (USB or wireless?) and BF WW1 then.

Any other game recommendations?

Keyboard and mouse on a PS4!!!! WTF!!!!

Let me research quick...

Division on PS4 with a keyboard and mouse - HERE I COME!

Lupus

Honorary Master
Ok that then :p

He's big on the Battlefield franchise since I have been playing it for years on the PC and he grew up liking it. He despises the COD franchise :eek:

Right, so a good KB and mouse then (USB or wireless?) and BF WW1 then.

Any other game recommendations?
It would need to be bluetooth I think, don't think it works via USB and Fallout 4 is pretty good, I sank about 190 hours into it back in 2016.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Keyboard and mouse on a PS4!!!! WTF!!!!

Let me research quick...

Division on PS4 with a keyboard and mouse - HERE I COME!
A few products have been around for a while, they just basically translate the commands through to the controller and I've read it doesn't quite feel quite right if you're used to PC. Still better than a controller I can imagine though.

A few products have been around for a while, they just basically translate the commands through to the controller and I've read it doesn't quite feel quite right if you're used to PC. Still better than a controller I can imagine though.
I'm so testing this tonight.

Pitbull

Verboten
I'm so testing this tonight.
Please give feedback?

I also googled it now and it seems like people are complaining as KB/Mouse gives an added advantage or something or another. Just read briefly.

I'm sure it should have a much nicer feel to it if one deactivated assisted aim on the settings for controller. Maybe that is the issue some people are having when using a KB/Mouse.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Please give feedback?

I also googled it now and it seems like people are complaining as KB/Mouse gives an added advantage or something or another. Just read briefly.

I'm sure it should have a much nicer feel to it if one deactivated assisted aim on the settings for controller. Maybe that is the issue some people are having when using a KB/Mouse.
If the game doesn't support it KB and mouse won't work unless you have something like a XIM.

ryu

Expert Member
I honestly don't see much value in having something like that, not like you're doing a lot of typing on a console.
agree, i just googled what was out there.

i'm also intrigued by the mouse add-on - does this mean i can use the mouse to aim in fortnite ?

It would need to be bluetooth I think, don't think it works via USB and Fallout 4 is pretty good, I sank about 190 hours into it back in 2016.
It works over USB. I plugged my logitech unifying receiver into my PS4 and the connected M&KB works perfectly in the menus. I haven't tried it with games, but as others have said, it will only work if the games support it or with something like the xim.

As for BF, the current BF, BF 1 is WW1.
The next one, BF V, is WW2. I think they said its about 2 months away?

Not the newest game, but if he wants something single player, RPG and he doesn't have it yet, The Witcher 3 GOTY edition.