PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Splinter

Honorary Master
This cuts both ways for you as well. You can't disregard a performance gap and then point and laugh at the Series S performance (which we have no idea of yet, by the way).

So let me ask you a serious question, what's so bad about the Series S?

Earlier in this thread it was stated that it's a 'terrible machine'. You liked the post so seemingly you agree with it? I'd also like to know what you are using as a reference point when answering, I mean surely you aren't just saying it's bad because 'MS BAD' ? Is there another R7000 machine that we can compare it to? Price vs. performance I think it should be pretty good, agree or disagree?

Umm - I haven't disregarded the performance gap. I have stated, more than once, that I believe this performance gap will be irrelevant because of the better design of the PS5 - and that we will only know the truth when the comparisons are done.

However, a 6 (or 8, depending on what machine you are looking at) TF difference is obviously a lot larger.

And which post was that? Was there nothing else I could have agreed with or liked? :)

And no, lets not try and use price points now - we are looking at next gen consoles. If your budget machine has sub-par performance (especially as to capabilities marketed to the world), then a budget price is no excuse.

prOd

Expert Member
And no, lets not try and use price points now - we are looking at next gen consoles. If your budget machine has sub-par performance (especially as to capabilities marketed to the world), then a budget price is no excuse.

Why not? Because you can't provide any good reason for Series S being bad?...Supposedly

I'll ask you again, what are you comparing it against?

Splinter

Honorary Master
Why not? Because you can't provide any good reason for Series S being bad?...Supposedly

I'll ask you again, what are you comparing it against?

I've just told you why not. And what I'm comparing to - it's not even hitting it's advertised specs currently (based on the feedback we've seen here).