PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Genisys

Honorary Master
Is that a fact, or just again daydreaming before the real facts are in?
Anyone that thinks the Switch is bad is ignorant. It might not compete with the PlayStation and Xbox on performance, but it doesn't have to. Lets make this practical instead of ego show boating quickly for a few seconds. Taking a trip where someone is a passenger, I don't see them taking a laptop with, track pads are terrible. I don't see them taking a PlayStation or Xbox with, the screens people are talking about is simply too big for a car, plus 220v while driving is kind of expensive. Nintendo Switch? Great games. Can fit into a pocket. Can play at an airport. Can easily get a new SD card for it. Can take it on a plane and still save a lot of precious space. The solution is simple. Switch is incredible value for money. Games are great. Switch isn't about this crap story of "over 9000 what ever". Fun experience, and portable to make it worth every cent.

AdrianH

Expert Member
The ones in the links provided earlier. Iirc, it was the running at 900p to hit 60fps, and then the non-ray tracing at this moment.
Dirt 5 runs at 1440p@60, GOW5 runs at 1440p@120, and Falconeer has been stated to run at 1800p@60. I'm sure there's others as well. It's about the developers, not about the hardware.

Also, the last two generations have shown it takes a few years to get the actual performance from consoles, this generation will be the same.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Dirt 5 runs at 1440p@60, GOW5 runs at 1440p@120, and Falconeer has been stated to run at 1800p@60. I'm sure there's others as well. It's about the developers, not about the hardware.

Also, the last two generations have shown it takes a few years to get the actual performance from consoles, this generation will be the same.

Are you referring to the S or the X when it comes to the 1800p? I thought the S was a 1440p machine. And, when you say "stated", are you referring to the Xbox claims, or the real life performance we are talking about?

As for the time taken for the last two generations, I am thinking the PS5 will hit those heights way before Xbox. For all the reasons stated before.

prOd

Expert Member
Are you referring to the S or the X when it comes to the 1800p? I thought the S was a 1440p machine. And, when you say "stated", are you referring to the Xbox claims, or the real life performance we are talking about?

As for the time taken for the last two generations, I am thinking the PS5 will hit those heights way before Xbox. For all the reasons stated before.

He's referring to the S. Because the 1440p is a target, developers will obviously build games differently.

And the 1800p was stated by the developer of the game...

AdrianH

Expert Member

Series S.

Dirt and GOW both have videos showing the performance. For Falconeer, the developer has stated 1800p on Series S.

Genisys

Honorary Master
You sound like you need to buy a green fridge. Where you can store the words you put in other peoples mouths.
I didn't put words in your mouth... Perhaps you need to go fact check the difference between a question and putting words in peoples mouths...

Splinter

Honorary Master
Series S.

Dirt and GOW both have videos showing the performance. For Falconeer, the developer has stated 1800p on Series S.

So what was that clip shown earlier then about the 900p performance? Can't remember what game it was about though.

As for Falconeer - I recall seeing some gameplay of a big bird slowly flapping around a minimal landscape. Are you going to play this?

Splinter

Honorary Master
I didn't put words in your mouth... Perhaps you need to go fact check the difference between a question and putting words in peoples mouths...

Yes you did. We were referring to PC's being discussed in this console thread - not whether PC gamers are allowed to buy consoles.