PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Splinter

Honorary Master
Anyone that thinks the Switch is bad is ignorant. It might not compete with the PlayStation and Xbox on performance, but it doesn't have to. Lets make this practical instead of ego show boating quickly for a few seconds. Taking a trip where someone is a passenger, I don't see them taking a laptop with, track pads are terrible. I don't see them taking a PlayStation or Xbox with, the screens people are talking about is simply too big for a car, plus 220v while driving is kind of expensive. Nintendo Switch? Great games. Can fit into a pocket. Can play at an airport. Can easily get a new SD card for it. Can take it on a plane and still save a lot of precious space. The solution is simple. Switch is incredible value for money. Games are great. Switch isn't about this crap story of "over 9000 what ever". Fun experience, and portable to make it worth every cent.

He wasn't saying the switch is bad. He was referring to the claim that the Switch has better December sales already.

In other words, somehow seeing the future and claiming things as fact.

While it might turn out to be true, insinuating you are a prophet that can predict Christmas sales, is worthy of being challenged.

So I would tone down on accusing others of being ignorant.

AdrianH

Expert Member
So what was that clip shown earlier then about the 900p performance? Can't remember what game it was about though.

As for Falconeer - I recall seeing some gameplay of a big bird slowly flapping around a minimal landscape. Are you going to play this?

900p sounds like Yakuza or DMC, one of the two anyway.

I'll play Falconeer when it's on sale or so if it hits GP, if the reviews are good enough, might be rubbish in the end. What's interesting about Falconeer is that it is a fully 100% rendered, the game doesn't use anybody textures in the environment rendering. It's also a sole developer that developed the game. MS helped fund the developer after seeing the initial demo. I am surprised it isn't on GP but maybe it will in 6 months to a year.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Looks like earlier earlier leaks are true about PS5 using RDNA 1.5

Based on? One twitter account? No reputable reviewer is allowed to release such things. Also, the tear down revealed something different. Having said that, even if true, from what we've seen so far, the PS5 uses what it has far more effectively than the Xbox.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member

I know PC Bla Bla..... but there is an interesting tid bit he raise....
Seeing that nextgen consoles using the same arc means devs will most probably target AMD/ATI so PC's Gamers could have better performance following suite?

Splinter

Honorary Master
900p sounds like Yakuza or DMC, one of the two anyway.

I'll play Falconeer when it's on sale or so if it hits GP, if the reviews are good enough, might be rubbish in the end. What's interesting about Falconeer is that it is a fully 100% rendered, the game doesn't use anybody textures in the environment rendering. It's also a sole developer that developed the game. MS helped fund the developer after seeing the initial demo. I am surprised it isn't on GP but maybe it will in 6 months to a year.

Yeah - I posted you above that it was Yakuza. Might be DMC as well. Hey, each to their own. I've never been into Indie games - especially not platformers. I can't stand platformers. The reason being I suck at them :)

I hate jumping in games. I am so bad at it, that I must have been an earthworm in a previous life.

Jean Claude Vaaldamme

Anyone that thinks the Switch is bad is ignorant. It might not compete with the PlayStation and Xbox on performance, but it doesn't have to. Lets make this practical instead of ego show boating quickly for a few seconds. Taking a trip where someone is a passenger, I don't see them taking a laptop with, track pads are terrible. I don't see them taking a PlayStation or Xbox with, the screens people are talking about is simply too big for a car, plus 220v while driving is kind of expensive. Nintendo Switch? Great games. Can fit into a pocket. Can play at an airport. Can easily get a new SD card for it. Can take it on a plane and still save a lot of precious space. The solution is simple. Switch is incredible value for money. Games are great. Switch isn't about this crap story of "over 9000 what ever". Fun experience, and portable to make it worth every cent.
Why not just get a top off the line phone to play on the plane then? Or even better a gaming phone that has much better specs than the Switch. You can even get great attachments for controls for them.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Why not just get a top off the line phone to play on the plane then? Or even better a gaming phone that has much better specs than the Switch. You can even get great attachments for controls for them.
Same reason PlayStation fans refuse to purchase an Xbox... Exclusives. Good luck getting the exclusives on a phone.

Genisys

Honorary Master
I'm still waiting for an answer. I've noticed a lot of you Xbox fan boys just run away from answering difficult questions. Reminds me of another sub-forum.
Calling me an Xbox fan now? Where did I ever state I pre-ordered an Xbox or was a fan of Xbox?

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member

:ROFL: Phones are pretty terrible gaming devices, and most mobile games are terrible.
Many of the games I try to play also don't work without an internet connection.
I don't have a switch, but if I gamed on the go, I would get one.

Mobile games.. urgh. Only if there is really nothing else to do.

Splinter

Honorary Master
30fps trailer

This is comparing the Xbox one on 720p? To a supposed 4k on XSX? While the 720p obviously looks shitty; the upgrade to 4k on XSX is completely sub-par to what I would think a 4k experience should look like.

dj2381

Expert Member
Is there some sort of comparison out there showing the differences between new 4K and older 4K TV's for these consoles or am I too early?

prOd

Expert Member
Is there some sort of comparison out there showing the differences between new 4K and older 4K TV's for these consoles or am I too early?

My opinion: if you have a current 4k TV then it's probably not worth getting a new one now, wait to see how next year pans out. Very small handful of games are going to run @ 120fps now.

As for comparisons the HDTV channel on YT should have enough to keep you busy :p

AlphaJohn

Executive Member

From what I understand if you don't have HDMI 2.1 (Uncompressed) on all the equipment including cables you will only get 4K 60fps max. If HDMI 2.0 or lower and you will be stuck on 4K 30fps. <-- note Im not en expert or have any of it (4K equipment) so just going with what I saw/read.

Edit: My personal plan... Buy a Series S and hang for 2-3 years while the crap sort itself out. After that I'l revisit the subject and pick up a cheap 4K TV + Good console <-- Depending on who has the best range/deals. If PS5 then I have both, if Xbox then I'll just swap the S for an X.

Last edited: