PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
Holy mother of mercy. I can now thankfully say I have managed to log onto PSN.

I reinstalled software from flash drive. That...did not help in the slightest.

So next option was to take to a friend, but I used my phone as a hotspot first. Success!

I really don't know why that made a difference, my router is not that old and I upgraded firmware to latest.

So, I have switched back to LAN and will see how things go.

Appreciate all the support from the various peeps - especially the Xbox boys. See, we can get along :)
And so the conclusion for 'these are consoles of our lives'

Kushsterr

Holy mother of mercy. I can now thankfully say I have managed to log onto PSN.

I reinstalled software from flash drive. That...did not help in the slightest.

So next option was to take to a friend, but I used my phone as a hotspot first. Success!

I really don't know why that made a difference, my router is not that old and I upgraded firmware to latest.

So, I have switched back to LAN and will see how things go.

Appreciate all the support from the various peeps - especially the Xbox boys. See, we can get along :)
I’m glad your ps5 is working now! I’m from the SAG forum and my console is bricked. Terrible launch experience. What was your issue btw?

When I turn on my console it just flashes blue for a few seconds and then turns off automatically. I tried everything:
  1. Different hdmi ports, power point, power cable
  2. reseting to factory settings
  3. reinstalling firmware
I can get into safe mode which tells me it’s probably firmware related.

These issues all started happening after I went through the initial set up process (setting language etc) and then it prompted me to update the firmware which I did. Then it tried to restart to complete the firmware installation and completely died. Now it wont turn on and I just get the blue lights... really sad I hope partserve can sort me out! I’ll be calling them t9morroe.

Splinter

Honorary Master
I’m glad your ps5 is working now! I’m from the SAG forum and my console is bricked. Terrible launch experience. What was your issue btw?

When I turn on my console it just flashes blue for a few seconds and then turns off automatically. I tried everything:
  1. Different hdmi ports, power point, power cable
  2. reseting to factory settings
  3. reinstalling firmware
I can get into safe mode which tells me it’s probably firmware related.

These issues all started happening after I went through the initial set up process (setting language etc) and then it prompted me to update the firmware which I did. Then it tried to restart to complete the firmware installation and completely died. Now it wont turn on and I just get the blue lights... really sad I hope partserve can sort me out! I’ll be calling them t9morroe.

sorry, that's nothing like my experience. But if you can start up in safe mode, do what I mentioned above and reinitialise from a USB. Unless thats what you did when you mentioned point 3 above.

Splinter

Honorary Master
I swear, I was starting to think I was cursed. Tried installing Spidey MM, and after 30GBs it said couldn't install. Twice.

Checked out the error code, and on Reddit it might, or might not be, due to smudges. Checked it out, and there were a couple of fingerprints on the edges. Cleaned it, and voila!

Seems this drive is very sensitive to smudges. Or maybe just mine :)

Splinter

Honorary Master
Even I am looking at the PS5 DE with more interest lately. Lol. OMG, how embarrassing. Where is Splinter....

Microsoft needs to pull up their socks and explain these crap performances compared to PS.

Hey, how can I say anything negative about anyone who has seen the light :)

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
After visiting someone with a PS5 this weekend I can say I view current gen is as such:

PS5 = IMAX
Has the little extra (Controllers) some devs don't know how to use it right now but when they do, it comes together nicely. If I had a PS5, I wont play all the games with it active, but will do for the special games to complete the emersion.

SX = Cinema
You know what you gonna get and it looks good while you do.

SS = Your trusty Home Set-up
Not as "wow" or cool as the "big screen" but you can get the same story for a lot less.

GamePass is very much the Netflix of gaming. and just like Netflix, it takes me a lot longer to pick something cause of the seer volume that I get to pick from. Not the same pressure (as bought games) to complete but kinda nice to check out and say yeah that might be fun to do later.... I have a huge list already installed and tested that I wanna play later, the rest was deleted now to get time to play em all.

For me this generation more than before I feel the need to have both consoles at some point, just because they trying to hit completely different targets. Also GamePass for PC just not the same as GamePass for Xbox, maybe Microsoft will fix that later but I feel like Xbox option has way more on offer than the PC only version. <-- might just be me?

I will most probably get an PS5 when the Pro/Slim comes out. Still glad that for now I picked up the SS so by the time I go with a bigger investment(TV + Sound + Console), most of the crap is sorted out and I will have a longer list of exclusive games to go for. As it stands now its only SpiderBoy (MM). Did not like Demon Souls looks cool but not my cup of tea.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
After visiting someone with a PS5 this weekend I can say I view current gen is as such:

PS5 = IMAX
Has the little extra (Controllers) some devs don't know how to use it right now but when they do, it comes together nicely. If I had a PS5, I wont play all the games with it active, but will do for the special games to complete the emersion.

SX = Cinema

Not as "wow" or cool as the "big screen" but you can get the same story for a lot less.

GamePass is very much the Netflix of gaming. and just like Netflix, it takes me a lot longer to pick something cause of the seer volume that I get to pick from. Not the same pressure (as bought games) to complete but kinda nice to check out and say yeah that might be fun to do later.... I have a huge list already installed and tested that I wanna play later, the rest was deleted now to get time to play em all.

For me this generation more than before I feel the need to have both consoles at some point, just because they trying to hit completely different targets. Also GamePass for PC just not the same as GamePass for Xbox, maybe Microsoft will fix that later but I feel like Xbox option has way more on offer than the PC only version.
I will most probably get an PS5 when the Pro/Slim comes out. Still glad that for now I picked up the SS so by the time I go with a bigger investment(TV + Sound + Console), most of the crap is sorted out and I will have a longer list of exclusive games to go for. As it stands now its only SpiderBoy (MM). Did not like Demon Souls looks cool but not my cup of tea.

Re the PC, the EA Games aren't available yer (I heard mid Dec).

Generally though the Console does have a lot more available.

Tbh, even with the limited PC titles there's still more there than I have time for.

Splinter

Honorary Master

PS5 = IMAX

SX = Cinema

For me this generation more than before I feel the need to have both consoles at some point, just because they trying to hit completely different targets. Also GamePass for PC just not the same as GamePass for Xbox, maybe Microsoft will fix that later but I feel like Xbox option has way more on offer than the PC only version. <-- might just be me?

I'm going to have to differ with you somewhat.

Someone posted earlier, either on this thread, or on another one, that HDR was better than than the 4k thing.

It's both. The PS5 is basically orgasmic on a 4k HDR flat screen. Stuff all these reviewers using a PC monitor. It's ridiculous.

I'm not sure if someone has posted this before, but PSN and PSN plus look like glass being gently kissed by glass. Beautiful. And then the speed difference on these compared to the PS4. Unreal.

Seeing as I bought Spidey MM; I got Spidey remastered. Started playing it a little while ago. Pretty awesome, but I do need to get to used with the different controller inputs.

The long and the short of it - regardless of some weird connection issues, this PS5 is mindblowing in every respect. Makes my PS4 Pro look like something I need to donate to a history museum.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member

Someone posted earlier, either on this thread, or on another one, that HDR was better than than the 4k thing.

It's both. The PS5 is basically orgasmic on a 4k HDR flat screen. Stuff all these reviewers using a PC monitor. It's ridiculous.

I'm not sure if someone has posted this before, but PSN and PSN plus look like glass being gently kissed by glass. Beautiful. And then the speed difference on these compared to the PS4. Unreal.

Seeing as I bought Spidey MM; I got Spidey remastered. Started playing it a little while ago. Pretty awesome, but I do need to get to used with the different controller inputs.

The long and the short of it - regardless of some weird connection issues, this PS5 is mindblowing in every respect. Makes my PS4 Pro look like something I need to donate to a history museum.
Guess whose PS5 got fixed :D Glass being kissed by glass indeed.

groenspookasem

PS5 = IMAX

SX = Cinema

the analogy works to a degree, but both the xx and ps5 costs the same. i do foresee a price cut for the xx coming up - dunno why, just a feeling. i'm also down for both consoles and will bag the xx as soon as it matures a bit and flesh out those titles. not that the ps5 doesn;t need to mature either....

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
I swear, I was starting to think I was cursed. Tried installing Spidey MM, and after 30GBs it said couldn't install. Twice.

Checked out the error code, and on Reddit it might, or might not be, due to smudges. Checked it out, and there were a couple of fingerprints on the edges. Cleaned it, and voila!

Seems this drive is very sensitive to smudges. Or maybe just mine :)
Glad you sorted out your PS5.

Hows the Spidey game so far?

Tander

Executive Member
So, would you guys say its worth upgrading my old Samsung HD (1080) TV to something newer for the PS5? I am thinking 4K - but the OLED stuff is stupid expensive. HDR make that much of a difference?

Hoping retailers get new stock of the PS5 soon.

Vuilhaas

So, would you guys say its worth upgrading my old Samsung HD (1080) TV to something newer for the PS5? I am thinking 4K - but the OLED stuff is stupid expensive. HDR make that much of a difference?

Hoping retailers get new stock of the PS5 soon.
Definitely. You're going to miss a lot of the "wow" factor without 4K and HDR

AlphaJohn

Executive Member

I think you responded to the wrong person?

I dont see how this add's or subtracts to the post you quoted?