PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AdrianH

Expert Member
If you google "latest ps5 news", all it is about is the latest console drops available. In essence, the more Sony can produce these consoles, the more they get snapped up. Literally printing money off a conveyor belt.
All the drops in the UK are all bought up by the scalpers using their bot software. Retailers need to come up with a solution to this scalping BS.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
All the drops in the UK are all bought up by the scalpers using their bot software. Retailers need to come up with a solution to this scalping BS.
How do bots circumvent 2FA?

Something must not be lekker either with their payment gateways or the issuing banks or both...

Elon

If you google "latest ps5 news", all it is about is the latest console drops available. In essence, the more Sony can produce these consoles, the more they get snapped up. Literally printing money off a conveyor belt.
On the behalf of The Master Race, I thank the peasants for your contributions to AMD’s R&D budget. By the sweat of your brow do we rise to new heights.

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
I have read articles on this. It's rather ridiculous that they allow it.

dontspeak

Most international websites don't have 2FA on their checkout pages. AWS for example just deducts money from your card/

AdrianH

Expert Member
How do bots circumvent 2FA?

Something must not be lekker either with their payment gateways or the issuing banks or both...
2FA or 3DSecure doesn't seem to be a big deal here, especially if you're paying by debit card. Sometimes you may need to confirm the transaction in the mobile app which is just a case of clicking YES, but I can't recall ever having to enter a code to complete a transaction like we do in SA.

AdrianH

Expert Member
I have read articles on this. It's rather ridiculous that they allow it.
The thing is it's not just one or two people, it's a whole bunch. Basically the main guys don't scalp anything, they just sell the bot software for £30 or something and then the people that buy the software buy a couple each for resale on ebay.

The retailers block same card and same address, but it's simple here to get multiple bank accounts and even virtual cards linked to some of these accounts, or asking friends and families to use their addresses. Once you have 5 cards linked to your phone, and have addresses, your configure the bot software and off you go.

They need to implement a proper captcha system which bots won't be able to deal with. Maybe the bot software pauses for the captcha currently meaning all the scalpers need to do it fill in captcha and off the bot goes again.

Splinter

Honorary Master
The thing is it's not just one or two people, it's a whole bunch. Basically the main guys don't scalp anything, they just sell the bot software for £30 or something and then the people that buy the software buy a couple each for resale on ebay.

The retailers block same card and same address, but it's simple here to get multiple bank accounts and even virtual cards linked to some of these accounts, or asking friends and families to use their addresses. Once you have 5 cards linked to your phone, and have addresses, your configure the bot software and off you go.

They need to implement a proper captcha system which bots won't be able to deal with. Maybe the bot software pauses for the captcha currently meaning all the scalpers need to do it fill in captcha and off the bot goes again.

The article I read (BBC app) said that these days, other than selling the bot software, the more sophisticated bots are rented out. But can you imagine buying this bot stuff that needs your bank account or credit card details? I'm thinking they might regret it.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Destiny 2 next gen patch is out.

If you're on Games Pass go play it for free. If you're not then uhm it's out if you own the game...

But on this note. As I have said before, there is no way Sony can match the billions of dollars MS is throwing away on GP. All these "free" games on GP are paid for by MS. Yes, you are benefitting now, but refer all the complaints about DSTV for being a monopoly for buying up the rights for everything.

And this is without mentioning spending $7.5 billion on Zenimax.

I have said it before, and watch my words - you will ultimately regret it if MS becomes a games monopoly.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I have said it before, and watch my words - you will ultimately regret it if MS becomes a games monopoly.
So Microsoft owning lots of studios is bad, but Sony owning lots is good? You do realise that most of the PlayStation exclusives come from their own studios right?

I left out the console that shall not be named in the hopes that you'll see logic.

Splinter

Honorary Master
So Microsoft owning lots of studios is bad, but Sony owning lots is good? You do realise that most of the PlayStation exclusives come from their own studios right?

I left out the console that shall not be named in the hopes that you'll see logic.

I see you have conveniently "forgotten" to reply to my last post to you.

And you miss my point entirely, once again.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I see you have conveniently "forgotten" to reply to my last post to you.

And you miss my point entirely, once again.
No I didn't forget. Nor did I miss your point.

You judge Microsoft for essentially being a monopoly when Sony have been no different.

I take it me pointing out the flaw in your logic will be taken as a personal attack again. And you wonder why I've given up explaining when you only see what you want to see.

You should write a book titled "In the shoes of a fanboi" to help people like me better communicate with your kind.

Markd

Expert Member
Used mine for precisely that purpose until about a year ago when I got a smart TV.

That PS3 gave good service - better than the PS4 tbh which had to have new thermal paste applied twice and whose Optical drive started giving intermittent eject problems about 2 years ago.

Yup I gave it to my mom, along with an old Sony Bravia 1080p TV and to this day it works perfectly for her.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
But on this note. As I have said before, there is no way Sony can match the billions of dollars MS is throwing away on GP. All these "free" games on GP are paid for by MS. Yes, you are benefitting now, but refer all the complaints about DSTV for being a monopoly for buying up the rights for everything.

And this is without mentioning spending $7.5 billion on Zenimax.

Same way Netflix/HBO/Disney+ are losing all that money hey ;)

While we on subject I see Gran Turismo 7 a game that was meant to be out already for PS4 (Thanx again Covid) is no longer gonna be a PS4/PS5 game... they solely gonna release it on PS5 only.

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
No I didn't forget. Nor did I miss your point.

You judge Microsoft for essentially being a monopoly when Sony have been no different.

I take it me pointing out the flaw in your logic will be taken as a personal attack again. And you wonder why I've given up explaining when you only see what you want to see.

You should write a book titled "In the shoes of a fanboi" to help people like me better communicate with your kind.
And yet you still refuse to answer me.

And I'm postulating MS will be a monopoly.

Sony is not a monopoly.

You are trolling now. End of.

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
Same way Netflix/HBO/Disney+ are losing all that money hey ;)

While we on subject I see Gran Turismo 7 a game that was meant to be out already for PS4 (Thanx again Covid) is no longer gonna be a PS4/PS5 game... they solely gonna release it on PS5 only.

Go read up on Netflix you silly numpty. They are using investors money to build up a profitable business.

MS is just sinking billions of dollars to capture the market. Huge difference.

Splinter

Honorary Master
/snip

You have never pointed out any flaw in my logic.

You are nothing but a troll looking for a personal attack on yourself. I am amused.