PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WaRLoRd ZA

PS5 snowflake confirmed:

View attachment 971542

Not sure why that review is even there, unless he needed a safe space to vent about something he shouldn't have bought, when PlayStation exclusives are well, exclusive to PlayStation?
Reviews on Takealot are good. (4.9) Almost 80 reviews in counting.

Same with Series S. Currently 40 5 star reviews.

Not bad.

groenspookasem

stupid question, like really stupid. is there a noticeable difference between ps and ms when running minecraft console "bedrock" edition? my boy still loves minecraft and of course it's ms owned so.....i know the cave update is scheduled for mid 2021, but should i just start looking for a pc instead to use java version or would next gen goodness be updated on both consoles? this could be the reason i get the series x one sooner. yes the series x, that one

;-)

Last edited:

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
stupid question, like really stupid. is there a noticeable difference between ps and ms when running minecraft console "bedrock" edition? my boy still loves minecraft and of course it's ms owned so.....i know the cave update is scheduled for mid 2021, but should i just start looking for a pc instead to use java version or would next gen goodness be updated on both consoles? this could be the reason i get the series x one sooner. yes the series x, that one

;-)
Don't expect a "Minecraft 2" or even a specific version of Minecraft built from the ground up for Xbox Series X. Instead, Mojang Studios will leverage the power and flexibility of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, which currently spans Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS with one code base and feature set across all platforms. This is all possible due to the Bedrock foundation, and the Render Dragon engine, which allows Minecraft: Bedrock Edition to dynamically conform to whatever platform you're playing on, with the same great experience and the gameplay you're familiar with.

The Bedrock Edition will expand to encompass the next-gen gaming consoles, with some console-specific upgrades for the Xbox Series X. The exact delivery for this hasn't been totally confirmed yet, nor the timeline, but we can be nearly certain about a lot of things. Here's all that we know so far.
Source: https://www.windowscentral.com/minecraft-xbox-series-x

Same link also say:
So what about the Playstation 5? Sony's next-gen console boasts many of the same benefits as the Xbox Series X, albeit with a little less power, so will the Playstation 5 also get a next-gen Minecraft? The answer here is a little bit more muddy, because Sony hasn't been as clear on things like next-gen upgrades, or backwards compatibility. Minecraft will probably be backwards compatible on the Playstation 5, meaning you can play it exactly as it was on the Playstation 4, but we can't be certain.

As for taking advantage of next-gen features like ray tracing on the Playstation 5, we're not so sure. Microsoft may choose to hold back on fully supporting the Playstation 5 in order to make sure the best version of Minecraft is on Xbox Series X, or things like ray tracing may be much harder to implement on Playstation 5 without things like DirectX Ultimate. We just don't know right now, mostly because Sony hasn't been very forthcoming with that information.

In a perfect world, Minecraft will be backwards compatible on Playstation 5, will receive a next-gen upgrade for free on Playstation 5, and will still fully support cross-play with all other platforms, including Xbox Series X. However, there are a lot of unknowns here, so we'll have to wait a little longer to get a definitive answer.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Not to mention, the review, if you can call it that, was made before release. It's amazing the lengths fanbois will go to spread their PS5 gospel. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Splinter or JVD who did that.

It doesn't surprise me that you made this puerile comment after running away (again) from my last question to you.

Jean Claude Vaaldamme

Doesnt Minecraft make money out of selling add ons etc? Then it would kind of be shootong yourself in the foot if you dont update the best selling console? And with so many competing games I am sure Minecraft will look after PS to keep the game alive

groenspookasem

Doesnt Minecraft make money out of selling add ons etc? Then it would kind of be shootong yourself in the foot if you dont update the best selling console? And with so many competing games I am sure Minecraft will look after PS to keep the game alive

Yeah I have a ps5, if thats what you mean by "update the best selling console" If not, iirc MS owns Mojang and who knows how long it'll take for them to update MC for "the best selling console". I could be wrong but some discrepancies exist between the xbox and the ps version of bedrock?

I have minecraft for ios/android/pc and ps of course, all the different versions/iterations too. My boy has been playing it for years. Still loves it

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Cheers for that, much appreciated. Would getting the xbox sx for minecraft be overkill? guess it'd be cheaper than a proper gaming rig, for the time being at least

Only a father who hates their children would let them play Minecraft without Ray Tracing and Mod support. A gaming PC with at least an RTX 3070 is your only option.

Polymathic

Honorary Master

;-)
The only difference will probably that the Series X/S version of Minecraft will support Ray Tracing so would PC if you have an RTX card. Not worth buying a SX just for Minecraft. Series S maybe but Minecraft runs on everything, the benefit of the a PC/laptop is that he can used for his studies

groenspookasem

The only difference will probably that the Series X/S version of Minecraft will support Ray Tracing so would PC if you have an RTX card. Not worth buying a SX just for Minecraft. Series S maybe but Minecraft runs on everything, the benefit of the a PC/laptop is that he can used for his studies

he has a laptop for studies / zoom etc. my old one actually. legion y730, it runs among us with no worries ;-) the old mobile gtx1050 wont cut the mustard for rtx m/craft

i saw wootware has palit 3070s coming in, any good? i'm an old gamer without my finger on the pulse

Polymathic

Honorary Master
he has a laptop for studies / zoom etc. my old one actually. legion y730, it runs among us with no worries ;-) the old mobile gtx1050 wont cut the mustard for rtx m/craft

i saw wootware has palit 3070s coming in, any good? i'm an old gamer without my finger on the pulse
It's a bit overpriced ATM but definitely overkill for Minecraft 3060Ti is slightly cheaper and also outperforms the 2080 which is around the same performance as the PS5 and SX.

In the next couple months the cheaper vanilla RTX 3060, RTX 3050 and RTX 3050Ti will launch

groenspookasem

It's a bit overpriced ATM but definitely overkill for Minecraft 3060Ti is slightly cheaper and also outperforms the 2080 which is around the same performance as the PS5 and SX.

In the next couple months the cheaper vanilla RTX 3060, RTX 3050 and RTX 3050Ti will launch
Cheers man, I'll hang tight a bit then. I'm in no hurry. He's content on the console, although I've heard noises for a gaming pc, maybe I'll even get to finish the witcher 3 after all these years...but secretly i'm waiting for the next gen update to drop before carrying on. Unfortunately, life happens and my gaming time is super limited, except when we do two player stuff like cuphead/diablo etc. I've decided to hold off on cyberpunk until i'm done with the witcher, so i guess the dlc for it will be out by then :-(