PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Well, it's not scalping as such I dont think - just a 'bundleised' deal with an extra controller and a game. If you want to get a PS5 in time for christmas this seems like potentially the only option that I can find!

They even give you a breakdown of the cots :D

Splinter

Honorary Master
Yeah I guess... to each their own.

With all these interactive movies it makes sense why loads of people revert to emulators to play games..

Umm, you keep on making up things to suit your own narrative.

"Interactive movies"? Have you even played Last of Us? Let me be clear - I recently started playing Last of Us. I didn't like it. But it is far from an "interactive movie".

You play your old games. Cool. But bucket loads more folks than your "loads of people" play the newer, and better games.

And, the awards were given by people regardless of "each to their own".

If you cannot give credit, where credit is due, you just carry on with your PS3 set-up. And stop trying to make it sound like you are still playing the best games around. You are not.

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
I'm looking for a link I saw on Reddit earlier, where it said PS5 had best ever sales on any consoles. But, until I find it..:

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Umm, you keep on making up things to suit your own narrative.

"Interactive movies"? Have you even played Last of Us? Let me be clear - I recently started playing Last of Us. I didn't like it. But it is far from an "interactive movie".

You play your old games. Cool. But bucket loads more folks than your "loads of people" play the newer, and better games.

And, the awards were given by people regardless of "each to their own".

If you cannot give credit, where credit is due, you just carry on with your PS3 set-up. And stop trying to make it sound like you are still playing the best games around. You are not.

Wasn't it you that said you like games that you can play for hours and hours? Good luck doing that with a "game" that only has like 30 hours max of gameplay.... and yes I finished it in 1 weekend's sitting. Will I play it again... hell no, why?

Then again they way you stick to "PS3 argument" you sound like a bulldog with "lock jaw" that cant let go, you probably replay the same old game 100's of times even way past the fun was sucked out of it.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Wasn't it you that said you like games that you can play for hours and hours? Good luck doing that with a "game" that only has like 30 hours max of gameplay.... and yes I finished it in 1 weekend's sitting. Will I play it again... hell no, why?

Then again they way you stick to "PS3 argument" you sound like a bulldog with "lock jaw" that cant let go, you probably replay the same old game 100's of times even way past the fun was sucked out of it.

Yes, I did. But that does not change anything as to what I said.

Good on you for shifting the goal posts, once again. But tell me, what do you use an emulator for?

And no, I'm not into replaying a game over and over. Based on your posts, you are more likely to do this.

AdrianH

Expert Member
I just came here to say a few UK retailers are ALLEGEDLY getting PS5s this week. Gonna try get one and then I can play both ends of the field. Give @Splinter kak about XSX is better than PS5, and then give @AlphaJohn kak about PS5 being better than XSX.

Wish me luck for beating these bastard scalpers.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member

30 hours is "hours and hours".... 30 of them to be exact. :unsure:

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Yes, I did. But that does not change anything as to what I said.

Good on you for shifting the goal posts, once again. But tell me, what do you use an emulator for?

And no, I'm not into replaying a game over and over. Based on your posts, you are more likely to do this.

I use emulators for the same reason I play games like Borderlands, Destiny, GTA, Torchlight <--- To play games that focus on gameplay more than the story.

Last of us 1 and 2, is a great story but there is nothing in the gameplay that makes me wanna do it again. Once I experienced it, its over. So in my view its a Interactive movie.

PS: Focus on over and over is not about doing it, more on doing it for what reason ;)

Splinter

Honorary Master
I use emulators for the same reason I play games like Borderlands, Destiny, GTA, Torchlight <--- To play games that focus on gameplay more than the story.

Last of us 1 and 2, is a great story but there is nothing in the gameplay that makes me wanna do it again. Once I experienced it, its over. So in my view its a Interactive movie.

PS: Focus on over and over is not about doing it, more on doing it for what reason ;)

You talk soooo much poo. So now it's an "interactive movie" if you decide it has no replayable value. Shift, shift, lets shift those goal posts again :laugh:

Splinter

Honorary Master
/Snip
I think you are referring to what is what is called endgame content.

Lot's of games like that. You dismissing world game awards, because you do not want to purchase the latest consoles that play these self same games, in a far better way, is just puerile.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
You talk soooo much poo. So now it's an "interactive movie" if you decide it has no replayable value. Shift, shift, lets shift those goal posts again :laugh:
By golly he is getting it!!!!

If all it has going for it is the story, it is a movie that you interact with.

I think you are referring to what is what is called endgame content.

Lot's of games like that. You dismissing world game awards, because you do not want to purchase the latest consoles that play these self same games, in a far better way, is just puerile.

You must have me confused with someone else?

Where did I say I wont ever buy a PS5?

Splinter

Honorary Master
By golly he is getting it!!!!

If all it has going for it is the story, it is a movie that you interact with.

You must have me confused with someone else?

Where did I say I wont ever buy a PS5?

Jeez you talk shyte. I said no such thing. You decided such. You really, really, need to grow up.

I'm starting to think you are just bitter because you cannot afford the PS5 and related paraphernalia.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Jeez you talk shyte. I said no such thing. You decided such. You really, really, need to grow up.

I'm starting to think you are just bitter because you cannot afford the PS5 and related paraphernalia.
Oh now I'm bitter and need to grow up?

You the one that tried to argue facts?

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Omg, will the little girls please take it outside and leave a tech thread about two awesome consoles to the people on the tech forum to enjoy? Neither side will win, suck it up.

Back on-topic, I wonder what the chances are that Cyberpunk's developers will use any of the PS5 controller's new abilities when they release their next-gen updates next year. Both that and Series X are running the game in backwards compat mode, which seems insane to me as the most highly-antipated game of the year. Or even adding an online gaming mode, like GTA:V or Read Dead Online.