PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlphaJohn

Executive Member

Splinter

Honorary Master
Only sad part of those is that they have no PlayStation support. So you needed a PS media remote to program your media remote :(

I have one in lounge for TV/Hi-Fi/Xbox but Mrs not to fond of the "millions" of buttons so grab the Xbox controller all the time.

Oh gawd. I refrained earlier, as to commenting as to how you chaps have spammed this thread with remote controller discussions (much like I said about your xbox thread), but this is truly getting ridiculous now.

If you need cheap remotes for your cheap systems, so be it. But take it elsewhere. Please.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Oh gawd. I refrained earlier, as to commenting as to how you chaps have spammed this thread with remote controller discussions (much like I said about your xbox thread), but this is truly getting ridiculous now.

If you need cheap remotes for your cheap systems, so be it. But take it elsewhere. Please.

PS: counter to what you may think, you not the only person on the forum.

I do think the information I posted is covering this topic quite well esp when it comes to extending controller life, also that the All-in-one that another member linked, lack of PlayStation support.

If you don't care about media remotes or what I post then simply ignore and move pass it.... its that simple. You don't have to read everything. Or better yet just add me to your ignore list and your life would be sooo much better.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

Sony announces PlayStation 5 VR headset​

Next-gen PlayStation VR won’t launch until at least 2022

Sony confirmed Tuesday that it’s working on the next-generation of its PlayStation VR system, offering first details on the new hardware coming to PlayStation 5. The next-gen PlayStation VR will offer “dramatic leaps in performance and interactivity” and “an even greater sense of presence,” Hideaki Nishino of Sony Interactive Entertainment said on the PlayStation Blog.

PlayStation VR for PS5 will also come with a new controller inspired by the PS5’s DualSense and require only a single cord to hook up.

“We’re taking what we’ve learned since launching PS VR on PS4 to develop a next-gen VR system that enhances everything from resolution and field of view to tracking and input,” Nishino said. “It will connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup and improve ease-of-use, while enabling a high-fidelity visual experience.”

Splinter

Honorary Master
PS: counter to what you may think, you not the only person on the forum.

I do think the information I posted is covering this topic quite well esp when it comes to extending controller life, also that the All-in-one that another member linked, lack of PlayStation support.

If you don't care about media remotes or what I post then simply ignore and move pass it.... its that simple. You don't have to read everything. Or better yet just add me to your ignore list and your life would be sooo much better.

Puerile accusations such as this do not help your case.

This thread is not about media remotes. Especially cheap shyte.

And you telling me what I should, or should not read in this thread? That's very funny.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member

Sony announces PlayStation 5 VR headset​

Next-gen PlayStation VR won’t launch until at least 2022

Sony confirmed Tuesday that it’s working on the next-generation of its PlayStation VR system, offering first details on the new hardware coming to PlayStation 5. The next-gen PlayStation VR will offer “dramatic leaps in performance and interactivity” and “an even greater sense of presence,” Hideaki Nishino of Sony Interactive Entertainment said on the PlayStation Blog.

PlayStation VR for PS5 will also come with a new controller inspired by the PS5’s DualSense and require only a single cord to hook up.

“We’re taking what we’ve learned since launching PS VR on PS4 to develop a next-gen VR system that enhances everything from resolution and field of view to tracking and input,” Nishino said. “It will connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup and improve ease-of-use, while enabling a high-fidelity visual experience.”

Oh yeaah!

I was tempted to buy the original PS VR so I can use it with both my PC and PS4, but the quality just isn't quite there yet.
There also isn't a PC VR system that feels just right for me yet. Hopefully the PS5 VR will be it.

Now the question is, which bundle will I buy? The PS5 Ragnarok bundle or the PS5 VR bundle?

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Oh yeaah!

I was tempted to buy the original PS VR so I can use it with both my PC and PS4, but the quality just isn't quite there yet.
There also isn't a PC VR system that feels just right for me yet. Hopefully the PS5 VR will be it.

Now the question is, which bundle will I buy? The PS5 Ragnarok bundle or the PS5 VR bundle?

That, and the other issue that really put me off was all the wiring that connects the VR to the console.

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Wow that's a big difference. So the PS5 runs at the same resolution as the Series S? Crazy. I wonder if they can patch that.

Yeah that is a bit odd. The devs must have cut a few corners, I think they just took the PS4Pro version of the game and added on PS5 support, I hope that this is just until the next version of the game engine is released which will make full use of the PS5 feature set.

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Sony to Open PlayStation 5 for Storage Upgrades
Sony Corp. is preparing to open up its PlayStation 5 for internal storage upgrades this summer, lifting a bottleneck that prevents gamers from having more than a few marquee games on their console at one time, people briefed on the plan said.

Adding support for additional drives will be enabled with a firmware update that also unlocks higher cooling-fan speeds to ensure the console doesn’t overheat, the people said, asking not to be named because the plans are not yet public. The PlayStation 5 comes with a custom solid-state drive with around 667GB available for storing games, apps and media -- at a time when the latest Call of Duty game needs 133GB of installation space and most major titles take up at least 40GB each.

The 3rd party SSD's are probably in the process of getting certified, pretty neat that you will be able to add an extra 1TB or 2TB to the internal storage pool.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Sony to Open PlayStation 5 for Storage Upgrades

The 3rd party SSD's are probably in the process of getting certified, pretty neat that you will be able to add an extra 1TB or 2TB to the internal storage pool.

Been waiting for this.

I copied CP2077 to the internal drive and it makes a huge difference wrt load times compared to when I had it on my external HDD.