PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

Speaking of which, how has your gaming experience been so far, 5 months down the line? Is it better than previous gen or so much better?

Solitude

Executive Member
Speaking of which, how has your gaming experience been so far, 5 months down the line? Is it better than previous gen or so much better?
I'm very happy. We definitely need more next (current?) gen titles however. I get the feeling that both the Series S/X and the PS5 could just have well have released sometime this year.

The biggest advantage currently is quick resume and how quick stuff load. That alone makes it so much better than previous gen.

How about you?

Splinter

Honorary Master

I'm going to be a fan boy again - if the dude only played Godfall (a game so shitty I returned it before even playing it), Morales (8 odd hours?) and Astro (5 hours) on PS5, and then is all agog with playing 360 and Xbox games from the past, well, I wouldn't really rely on his opinion :)

Splinter

Honorary Master
I'm very happy. We definitely need more next (current?) gen titles however. I get the feeling that both the Series S/X and the PS5 could just have well have released sometime this year.

The biggest advantage currently is quick resume and how quick stuff load. That alone makes it so much better than previous gen.

How about you?

Not a chance - loving playing PS4 games on the PS5.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

How about you?

Enjoying it as well. Although the PS5 doesn't have the quick resume feature, switching between games is rather effortless. Loading times are so much better especially current gen titles like Spiderman: MM where fast-travel is near instantaneous.

I agree though, both consoles could have been released this year.

Jean Claude Vaaldamme

Like I said many times. No need to buy a new gen console at launch at ridiculous prices. Wait a year or two, get it cheaper and then there will be more games to enjoy on your new console.
The last two years was the best to enjoy your Ps4 even this year still. Whatchyoumacallit unfortunately , never had a "best" time, its always second best

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Like I said many times. No need to buy a new gen console at launch at ridiculous prices. Wait a year or two, get it cheaper and then there will be more games to enjoy on your new console.
The last two years was the best to enjoy your Ps4 even this year still. Whatchyoumacallit unfortunately , never had a "best" time, its always second best
Based on the current exchange rates the PS5 and SX should be R10,100 the PS DE R8,100 and the SS R6,100

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Based on the current exchange rates the PS5 and SX should be R10,100 the PS DE R8,100 and the SS R6,100

That would be insane value but considering they are selling out at the current prices I don't think we will see those price points

Lupus

Honorary Master
Quick resume is great for a lot of games, the enhancements even on older games is great. I mean RTTR looks fantastic and runs smoothly, far cry 4 is like a new game.

mr_norris

Expert Member
You are not wrong, but I don't think it's quite as straight forward as that. My aging laptop wasn't cutting it gaming wise. The choice was a new PC or a new console, as the console was considerably less, it won.

It is also the best time to play PS4 games, but one could argue it's better to play them on a PS5. And in my case, I've burnt through all the exclusives, and the old Pro of mine wasn't cutting it anymore.

I could have waited I suppose, but I don't regret buying it.

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
Very happy to see XSS prices in the R5k range... at that price it's such a good buy

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
You are not wrong, but I don't think it's quite as straight forward as that. My aging laptop wasn't cutting it gaming wise. The choice was a new PC or a new console, as the console was considerably less, it won.

It is also the best time to play PS4 games, but one could argue it's better to play them on a PS5. And in my case, I've burnt through all the exclusives, and the old Pro of mine wasn't cutting it anymore.

I could have waited I suppose, but I don't regret buying it.

If I take a direct comparison based on PS4 vs XSS on my 58" 4K Samsung with prev gen games, I can say that XSS is waaaay better than PS4

Not only do games load faster and run smoother with less tearing but the XSS 4K built in up-scaling just look superior/sharper than PS4's visuals, and this is even before we get to new or optimized games. Haven't even touched the subjects like Auto HDR (That rocks) and FPS Boost (Currently with limited support). I can only imagine what top end systems would look like.

Looking back on my options I had in November re updating GFX card or buying cheap current gen I would buy XSS again without even blinking. Even if I don't ever touch current gen games its still a bargain esp if you look at PS4 & Xbox One prices in SA.

Haven't bought any current gen games yet, but the 2 I touched on GamePass looked amazing. Need to finish my backlog before I actually play em.

Last edited:

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
If I take a direct comparison based on PS4 vs XSS on my 58" 4K Samsung with prev gen games, I can say that XSS is waaaay better than PS4

Not only do games load faster and run smoother with less tearing but the XSS 4K built in up-scaling just look superior/sharper than PS4's visuals, and this is even before we get to new or optimized games. Haven't even touched the subjects like Auto HDR (That rocks) and FPS Boost (Currently with limited support). I can only imagine what top end systems would look like.

Looking back on my options I had in November re updating GFX card or buying cheap current gen I would buy XSS again without even blinking. Even if I don't ever touch current gen games its still a bargain esp if you look at PS4 & Xbox One prices in SA.

Haven't bought any current gen games yet, but the 2 I touched on GamePass looked amazing. Need to finish my backlog before I actually play em.

You comparing last-gen with current-gen? Come now AJ, you're better than this, surely? :giggle:

Ofcourse the XSS is way better than the PS4 or even XBox One X for that matter.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
You comparing last-gen with current-gen? Come now AJ, you're better than this, surely? :giggle:

Ofcourse the XSS is way better than the PS4 or even XBox One X for that matter.

Doesn't seem that obvious as some people claim the console should only release when there is games for it?

Jean Claude Vaaldamme

Doesn't seem that obvious as some people claim the console should only release when there is games for it?
After 6.7kpost on this thread we know you not the sharpest pencil, but still.
I have never claimed a console should release only when there are games for it. There will always be people that buy new tech on launch so they can brag on the internet to there fake friends and feel better about themselves, even if there in little to none new things to play on it.
I have always claimed that in making a intelligent decision there is no real value in buying at launch. You pay so much more and don't get much to show for it.
Now to try and justify your choice you have to go down to "I get faster loading times" or I did some pixel peeping and it looks better. This is a bit rich coming from someone that play old 360 games on game pass the whole day.
PS4 has sold over 100mil over the last 6+ years, nobody complained that graphics is bad, nothing has changed now that new consoles have launched. There is no need to go and spend 12k now on a new gen just to play all the same games you could play on your old console. Even if you don't have a previous gen console, you can go buy a secondhand Ps4 or Xbox one S for 3k and play for a year or two and then buy a next gen console when they have more to offer and probably a lower price.

Strange

All I am hearing is that JCV is poor. Sorry to hear. See, easy to just assume things about people.