PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lupus

Honorary Master
I don't think it's something that people "missed". But how is this relevant? Either they delivered or did not. And if, as you say, they bought them "too late", isn't that just another indication of how MS management have dropped the ball?

Your self-made scenario is also self-fulfilling. I can make up a Jack and Jill story with the opposite outcome.

Maybe we should stick to the few facts as we know them.
What? The fact that Jill has 100s of games she can try out for R149 a month with MP abilities. While Jack has to either download a demo or buy the game for R700 to R1000 to know if he likes it?
You do also get people who aren't into the Sony exclusives, they do exist and you harping on how great they are, is the same as the Xbox guys going on about their console, each to their own.
Personally I tried the Sony IPs, but they didn't grip me, the controller was annoying, the menu was archaic and it seems even the PS4 still has slow downloads something the PS3 had as well.
Xbox might not have sold as many consoles, but they built one that I liked. The controller itself was just like wow from the 360 days still.

WaRLoRd ZA

Apologies if this was asked before, but I haven't read all 690 posts :)
Has there been any indication on what these new consoles will cost when launched here, or is this still to be determined.
No official announcement by either MS or Sony. You can work with $500 dollars for both (R9000-10000)

I personally think MS will want to undercut Sony on price. They will be able to. But we have no idea on exact pricing as of yet. My guess would be as follows.

XSX: $449-499
PS5: $499-549
XSS: (speculation) :$299
PS5 All Digital: $399-449

MS can afford to take a bigger loss on the hardware front than Sony can. I personally think they would need to undercut Sony by at least $50 in order to compete sales wise. Selling a slightly more capable machine for slightly less will definitely pull in a lot more sales. One just has to look at current gen. Ps4 was cheaper and the more powerful console compared to Xbox one. We'll see the same this gen. A lot of gamers will buy the machine wich is more powerful for less money. It comes down to value. It's the way the industry works. But having said that i don't see Sony losing any dedicated fans over to Xbox. The dedicated fans will remain with Ps5 for next gen. But Xbox could get a lot of the 360 players that went with ps4 back over to SX. But this is my speculation and opinion on the matter. Sony doesn't need to sell the Ps5 for a loss. It will still sell well. If MS nails the launch price. Coupled with they're stronger machine then it too will sell very well.

stefan9

Executive Member
Neither. Not beating my current gpu nvm the gpu's which are launching before either console. Will stick with the pc

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Something that a lot of people seem to miss is that MS bought a lot of studios. Too late to really bring in the big games at launch but those games will come. Look at Avowed for instance. Obsidian with a big budget. inXile with a big budget. Ninja Theory.

Then there's the multiple third party games of which many also come to Game Pass.

Sony's current advantage is that they have big user base, many who will never switch because they are brand loyal. And they have existing first party titles that we all know are great. Microsoft has Game Pass and a lot of money to make sure Game Pass succeeds.

I'm just thinking of how things are going to go. Jack and Jill go out and both buy a console. Jack buys a PS5 and Jill buys an XBox Series X. Jack really likes the idea of Demon's Souls so he buys that for R1000. Jill gets a month's worth of free Game Pass. Jack plays Demon's Souls and he doesn't really like it because he finds it too hard. Jill tries out many games and find quite a few that she likes.

Jack buys Cyberpunk for R1000. Jill buys Cyberpunk for R1000. It's a really good game but they both become a bit bored after a while. Jill subscribes to Game Pass Ultimate for R150 per month. Jack buys Spider-Man: Miles Morales for R1000. Jill really digs STALKER 2. They both complete their games. Jack buys Horizon Forbidden West for R1000. Jill plays Halo Infinite. They both don't really like the games. Jill tries a new one. Jack buys a new one.

After a couple of years Jill buys a gaming pc with all the money she saved and she doesn't have to buy any games because she has Game Pass Ultimate. Jack wonders if he should try Demon's Souls again.
I'm just wondering.. with all this gaming when the fark is Jack and Jill going to get time to go up that darned hill ??

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Good move by Sony, it will help them push more units of their TVs and help promote the PS5 to the more casual audience

Reactions: Yuu

Splinter

Honorary Master
Well the XBox Series X will have a lot more games at launch than the PS5. XBox Series X can play all XBox One games except the Kinect ones plus the 360 ones that work on the current XBox One. Even the original XBox games that currently work on the XBox One. And you don't have to pay for a lot of this fruit.

View attachment 884820

What about the next gen titles?
78 confirmed PS5 games
98 confirmed XBox Series X games

Then you go but no, it's the quality of the fruit and there's no good games on XBox One, never mind Game Pass.
List of Game Pass games with Metacritic score:

The PS4 has some standout titles. That doesn't mean the XBox One doesn't have good games. We don't know what any of the games will be like for the next gen yet.
Yes, it is about quality over quantity. I never said Xbox games doesn't have any good games. Just that PS has better games. A generally accepted fact.

bokka1

Expert Member
Yes, it is about quality over quantity. I never said Xbox games doesn't have any good games. Just that PS has better games. A generally accepted fact.
A generally accepted by Sony fanboys fact.

I had both the PS4 and Xbox One and I generally prefer my Xbox games.

Splinter

Honorary Master
What? The fact that Jill has 100s of games she can try out for R149 a month with MP abilities. While Jack has to either download a demo or buy the game for R700 to R1000 to know if he likes it?
You do also get people who aren't into the Sony exclusives, they do exist and you harping on how great they are, is the same as the Xbox guys going on about their console, each to their own.
Personally I tried the Sony IPs, but they didn't grip me, the controller was annoying, the menu was archaic and it seems even the PS4 still has slow downloads something the PS3 had as well.
Xbox might not have sold as many consoles, but they built one that I liked. The controller itself was just like wow from the 360 days still.
Good for you. This imaginary Jill can sift through hundreds of games to find a few she likes to play. And what's the difference between downloading a game or downloading a demo?

And no, it's not the same harping. Twice the consoles sold gives me a little more bass in my harp. :)

Splinter

Honorary Master
A generally accepted by Sony fanboys fact.

I had both the PS4 and Xbox One and I generally prefer my Xbox games.
No, if you take gaming journalists, as well as facts of consoles sold, into account, it is only xbox fanboys that seem to dispute this.

Splinter

Honorary Master
I'm just wondering.. with all this gaming when the fark is Jack and Jill going to get time to go up that darned hill ??
If you remember the slight change to the lyrics, one also wonders when they going to have time to bump uglies as well.

bokka1

Expert Member
No, if you take gaming journalists, as well as facts of consoles sold, into account, it is only xbox fanboys that seem to dispute this.
Which gaming journalists?

The Nintendo Wii sold millions of consoles and only had one game.

Try to take off the blue tinted glasses when reading everything.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Which gaming journalists?

The Nintendo Wii sold millions of consoles and only had one game.

Try to take off the blue tinted glasses when reading everything.
Dude, if you are going to act dense, I'm certainly not going to search the web for you - you will just act the same again :)

And bringing the Wii in now? lol.

But how many games did Xbox have, that led them to selling half the consoles PS did, then?

bokka1

Expert Member
Dude, if you are going to act dense, I'm certainly not going to search the web for you - you will just act the same again :)

But how many games did Xbox have, that led them to selling half the consoles PS did, then?
You brought in the number of consoles sold to this chat, I am merely responding that it is not a valid argument with regard to quality of games.

The only exclusive game I played on the PS4 that I thought they do not have a better game or equivalent on the Xbox is TLOU.

In general I enjoyed the Xbox games much more to such a point that I did not play anything on the PS4 and I gave it away.

It is all subjective.

xcaliber

Expert Member

Dude, dont bother. Bokka is a fanboy to the core. Nothing coherent will ever leave his fingers.

Splinter

Honorary Master
You brought in the number of consoles sold to this chat, I am merely responding that it is not a valid argument with regard to quality of games.

The only exclusive game I played on the PS4 that I thought they do not have a better game or equivalent on the Xbox is TLOU.

In general I enjoyed the Xbox games much more to such a point that I did not play anything on the PS4 and I gave it away.

It is all subjective.
It's not subjective that the Xbox was outsold 2-1. So if the Wii sold millions because of one game (care to source this?), which seems to be your point, then the PS sold many more millions than the X box because they had better games, not so. Using your logic.

And that reminds me, I still need to sell my XSX to a member here, because I have never really used it.

bokka1

Expert Member
It's not subjective that the Xbox was outsold 2-1. So if the Wii sold millions because of one game (care to source this?), which seems to be your point, then the PS sold many more millions than the X box because they had better games, not so. Using your logic.

And that reminds me, I still need to sell my XSX to a member here, because I have never really used it.
The Wii sold more than a 100 million consoles and most people only bought it for the Sports title that was packaged with it.

All I am saying is that the number of consoles sold is not necessarily an indication of the quality of the games.

That seems to be your logic, I did not mention it until you brought it up.