PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member

Good news for PS4 owners, it turns what people thought were PS5 exclusives at launch are also coming out on PS4. Hopefully Sony will give customers a free upgrade to the PS5 version of these titles when they eventually upgrade.
Some of them will be available on the PS4. Others, like Ratchet and Clank, probably not, and yes they will get a free upgrade for first party titles.

Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we’re happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.

Crusader

Expert Member
Did anyone even see the Digital edition available for sale? Apparently it was there and gone within 10 seconds. I searched as soon as Takealot tweeted but didn't even see it.

Crusader

Expert Member
Hmm, I wonder if advertising the PS5 as a "1TB" PS5 will come to bite Sony and retailers in the ass.
Think they'll be pretty safe since the description clearly states
What's in the box
Wireless controller, 825GB SSD, Base, HDMI® cable, AC power cord, USB cable, printed materials, ASTRO’s PLAYROOM (Pre-installed game. Console may need to be updated to the latest system software version. Internet connection required.)

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I suspect Sony imported more Disc versions than Digital versions in South Africa and other developing markets and vice versa in their major markets.