PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
BT Games second drop only two weeks after launch date.

WaRLoRd ZA

Poeple are hungry for next gen and with such limited stock it's not surprising that pre orders will be sold out so quickly. I would have liked to see a full teardown from Sony. But we'll have to wait till a early adopter on YouTube does one instead. This shortage will most likely continue until after Christmas. So it would be silly walking into a Bt games store to try and buy one this year if SA gets such little stock at a time. This will definitely effect early sales for Sony worldwide.

What's the hold up with manufacturing? Can't just be Covid?

Polymathic

Honorary Master
BT Games second drop only two weeks after launch date.

Ooh boy does that mean that the PS5 is already soled out before it's even released?

It's going to be a stressful time for PS5 fans on launched day .

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Yes the one which allows you to purchase a physical copy and install 40-70% of the game, saves you hours if not days in downloading time, if you are on Rain or ADSL
But note Next gen games will be smaller than current gen Esp with digital versions as they not duplicating art for faster load times anymore.

Current disc based games placed texture and other assists on multipal places in order to save on loading times. On SSD/NVME this no longer needed, was a whole interview the other day also why storage are so small on new units.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Ooh boy does that mean that the PS5 is already soled out before it's even released?

It's going to be a stressful time for PS5 fans on launched day .
Seems like it yes. I was at BT Games earlier and the guy told me they already had 2 drops and both were sold out within minutes. WTF?

The digital edition seems to be the preferred choice though.

Fox1

Executive Member
Already enjoying next-gen on PC with Flight Simulator 2020

Might just stick to PC until 2021 when the dust settles and prices become more realistic.

Consoles are brought in by Air Freight and I read somewhere that Sony will be replenishing stock as quick as possible.

Elon

Seems like it yes. I was at BT Games earlier and the guy told me they already had 2 drops and both were sold out within minutes. WTF?

The digital edition seems to be the preferred choice though.
No, the digital edition is being sold at a greater loss so Sony has made fewer available, which is why they have sold out faster. $100 is way more than they save on the disc drive.

Also, the limited supply is artificial, a marketing tactic to create perceived value. Note how Sony keeps assuring investors that there are no production issues - proof right there. People are definitely falling for it so well done Sony... but mankind, you disappoint me!

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
No, the digital edition is being sold at a greater loss so Sony has made fewer available, which is why they have sold out faster. $100 is way more than they save on the disc drive.

Also, the limited supply is artificial, a marketing tactic to create perceived value. Note how Sony keeps assuring investors that there are no production issues - proof right there. People are definitely falling for it so well done Sony... but mankind, you disappoint me!
They will probably make more money on the DE long term. DE owners will buy all their games new, and will buy them from the PS store where Sony's margins are larger.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Now that everyone has preordered their PS5's, what will you all do if the PS5 is not what you are being promised?