PS5

1edge1

Has anyone gotten an update on their second drop of pre-orders?

Saw that some websites are saying they expect the third drop in the week of after Xmas (if you pay before 15th) and others saying early Jan 2021.

Iwojima

Expert Member
Has anyone gotten an update on their second drop of pre-orders?

Saw that some websites are saying they expect the third drop in the week of after Xmas (if you pay before 15th) and others saying early Jan 2021.
There isn't single retailer that's been able to solidly confirm when they will be receiving their 2nd stock with any degree of confidence.

IzZzy

Executive Member
Gah I was going to ask if anyone who ordered a second drop of PS5 at Koodoo (or anyone) had received theirs yet.

Delivery was between 16 and 20 AFAIK although not guaranteed.

Edit: just phoned Koodoo - the orders still on track for them to receive between 16th and 20th, and will ship from next week.

Last edited:

FF1024

Gah I was going to ask if anyone who ordered a second drop of PS5 at Koodoo (or anyone) had received theirs yet.

Edit: just phoned Koodoo - the orders still on track for them to receive between 16th and 20th, and will ship from next week.
Ag no, I thought they will ship to consumer from the 16th.....
O well what is another week...

Aquadyne

Expert Member

That is disappointing. They were supposed to deliver between the 16th and 20th - not receive stock.

K-VI

I have been on Takealot refreshing my order everyday hoping it shows shipped earlier. Think mine is third batch though as they said 31st December but date to be confirmed. Is it me or does the wait seem to feel longer?

Roo!

Expert Member
I have been on Takealot refreshing my order everyday hoping it shows shipped earlier. Think mine is third batch though as they said 31st December but date to be confirmed. Is it me or does the wait seem to feel longer?
Based on the 2nd drop only landing this week (the week they advertised) and that deliveries will only take place next week, my guess is that 3rd drop deliveries will only take place in the first full week of Jan.

K-VI

Based on the 2nd drop only landing this week (the week they advertised) and that deliveries will only take place next week, my guess is that 3rd drop deliveries will only take place in the first full week of Jan.
Daaaam. Can't change it or rush them though so out of my hands. Guess the wait continues

IzZzy

Executive Member
Koodoo just emailed saying the ship with the PS5 is landing on the 17th. So the call centre guy that gave me the above info was correct - we will receive next week.

Reactions: Yuu

Aquadyne

Expert Member
KOODOO - 2nd batch pre-orders.
1db040533aeaae07922bc18c93958211.jpg

jbarker

Koodoo just emailed saying the ship with the PS5 is landing on the 17th. So the call centre guy that gave me the above info was correct - we will receive next week.
I assume this applies to orders made through Makro too?

Slickmister

Dude I've been doing the exact same thing. I'm hoping they ship a week early.

MikeyG1983

Update sms received from Makro:

Makro PS5 Order Update: PS5's are expected to land in SA this weekend. Orders will be processed as we receive stock & we will update you on any changes.

sergie

Update sms received from Makro:

Makro PS5 Order Update: PS5's are expected to land in SA this weekend. Orders will be processed as we receive stock & we will update you on any changes.
Haven't received any sms from Makro... :unsure:

Jean Claude Vaaldamme

My boy want a PS5 when stock is available next year. His main reason is better fps on games like Fortnite etc.
So will any 1080p 144hz monitor work with the PS5 or do you need some special monitor? I have a 27" 1080 144Hz with usb 2.0 that he wants, will that work?

itsmoolla

My boy want a PS5 when stock is available next year. His main reason is better fps on games like Fortnite etc.
So will any 1080p 144hz monitor work with the PS5 or do you need some special monitor? I have a 27" 1080 144Hz with usb 2.0 that he wants, will that work?

As far as I know, the monitor needs to support HDMI 2.1 which allows for 1080p at 120Hz