PS5

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

Gigabyte Reveals PS5 Compatible SSD With The Aorus Gen 4 7000​

Gigabyte has revealed that the Aorus Gen 4 7000 will be fully compatible with the PS5, following in the footsteps of the FireCuda 530 from Seagate and the WD_BLACK SN850 from Western Digital.

This latest SSD matches up with Sony‘s requirements for a device that can be used to expand the PS5 internal storage, and comes in two favours: 1TB for $200 and 2TB for $400. This makes it one of the cheaper options for expanding console storage, but obviously even at $200, it’s not exactly pocket change.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

PS5 architect Mark Cerny reveals his SSD of choice for the new-gen console​

PS5 architect Mark Cerny has revealed his SSD of choice for the new-gen console he helped create.

Just below, Cerny tweeted yesterday on August 1 to reveal that his SSD of choice to pair with the PS5 is the WD_Black SN850 NVMe SSD. Cerny reveals he's primarily opting to go with this SSD over any others due to its pretty gigantic transfer rate of 7000MBs per second.

However, as many have pointed out in the replies to Cerny's tweet, this SSD definitely doesn't come cheap. One user flags the SSD as costing upwards of $229.99 at one outlet, while another user has the 1TB version of the SSD priced at $179.99 in their local region.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

PS5's UK Sales Almost Outperformed All Other Consoles Combined in July​

PlayStation 5 recently had yet another great month of sales, nearly outselling every other console combined in the UK during July 2021.

According to reports, PlayStation 5 continues to dominate in the UK; in fact, the console "almost" outsold all other platforms on the market combined in the month of July. Despite ongoing supply constraints, the PS5 has continuously proven itself a powerhouse on the sales charts, quickly becoming the fastest-selling console of all time.

Splinter

Honorary Master

PS5's UK Sales Almost Outperformed All Other Consoles Combined in July​

PlayStation 5 recently had yet another great month of sales, nearly outselling every other console combined in the UK during July 2021.

According to reports, PlayStation 5 continues to dominate in the UK; in fact, the console "almost" outsold all other platforms on the market combined in the month of July. Despite ongoing supply constraints, the PS5 has continuously proven itself a powerhouse on the sales charts, quickly becoming the fastest-selling console of all time.

Where is GamePassJohn AKA AlphaJohn now? :)

Strange

After completing Rift Apart (great game), there is nothing I want to play on the PS5. Most Sony big hitters seem to be delayed until 2022.

Splinter

Honorary Master
After completing Rift Apart (great game), there is nothing I want to play on the PS5. Most Sony big hitters seem to be delayed until 2022.

Ok, thanks for the info. Let me guess - you going to find amazing games on GP to play. Let us know!

Splinter

Honorary Master
Then why would mention/tag me in person when quoting text about PS5 outselling Xbox?

Oh wait just wanna troll... coolio. enjoy.

Reported as such then...

LOL! Someone is really grumpy today. I thought you didn't care? :) Anyway, seeing as you never hesitate to point out PS5/PSN flaws and go on and on about GP, I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss this lovely tidbit of information.

Maybe you can turn some of those sour grapes into wine....

Splinter

Honorary Master
Sure thing, Hades is out on GP soon.

Finally something decent there hey :) I am likely to get it on PS5 as well. Of course, I will pay a bit more than your $10 or $15 for the month, but at least I will own the game and be able to sell it or give it away later.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Can't we keep the poo flinging in the proper allocated thread?

But, but, but - GPJohn owns a PS5 and is supposedly impartial, so it made even more sense for him to know. Although, I'm not sure why he said I tagged him? :unsure: