PS5

shiverz

Expert Member
I know I saw... in fact, one women here at work snatched one up.

The Digital editions seem to be the fastest to go... suspect it probably has to do with the price point.
Also managed to get one. Got really lucky, 15min later I was in a dead zone ito signal and wifi. Got it yesterday. Selling the PS4 today.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
You would want to try and get faster internet regardless of whether you go digital or disc. Discs these days don't really help much to make downloads smaller and you'll generally end up downloading a ton of updates anyway.

You could get by with 6Mbit, but it's going to be painful.

Deciding on which one to get is more a personal preference imo, but having the disc version does often allow you to pick up games cheaper on the second hand market, especially further down the life cycle of the console.
Exactly this!

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Hi there.

Hopefully someone can help a noob when it comes to Playstation 5.

I have a 58" Hi Sense UHD Smart TV and 6mb wifi.

1. Will this be adequate to play PS5?
2. Or do I need to upgrade to fibre if I want the digital edition?
3. Why would you choose digital edition over disc or the other way around?

Thanks in advance.

You did not say what internet you have now, so wont be able to say if you should look at upgrading to Fiber?
If you have something like LTE then that should be adequate, either way make sure you have uncapped when you looking at digital only.

On point 3 I went for Digital for the following reasons:
I hate standing up to swap out discs so would buy online & download games anyway. Not to mention my PS5 is behind my TV so getting to it would be a pain :D
Bad experience on second hand discs made me avoid them all together so cheaper secondhand games is not a selling point for me personally.
The extra $$$ for disc version went down on buying a Xbox Series S as well so I can have access to both ecosystems and GamePass. /duck

End of the day only you can decide what is good for you.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Ok, question answered - no.

There's fookall new LG OLED stock in SA at the moment it seems.

Splinter

Honorary Master
What happened. Using as a PC monitor?

I previously posted I experienced some screenburn from my playing of Borderlands (PS4 and PS5). Then the other day I noticed more lines. Not sure where they came from. Good excuse to get a new TV though :)

S.Claus

Expert Member
By the time you have noticeable burn in you’ll probably want to upgrade your TV anyway, that is unless you watch news channels 24/7.
Minimap or should I rather say HUD burn-in:ROFL:. I would rather avoid the problem by getting a LED screen

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Minimap or should I rather say HUD burn-in:ROFL:. I would rather avoid the problem by getting a LED screen
Yep a totally reasonable decision, also LCDs will get brighter so it's better if you have a lot of light coming in to the room.

Just out of experience though, I've had my OLED since January 2018, have played many games on it and don't have a problem with burn-in. Maybe if you were playing the same game like 6-8 hours a day, every day then it could get problematic but I don't so it's not an issue.

Splinter

Honorary Master

Do you mean you can't go back because it's got burn-in (Qn90A for the win)?

To be honest, I most probably could have avoided the burn-in if I had run the manual pixel refresher in the past, and also not just left my TV on for hours on end just for background noise etc. Maybe I also thought that if it broke or something so I could get a replacement under the extended warranty :)

On another note - the G1's in America have been given a 5 year screen warranty by LG recently.....