Public Protector ordered to release state capture report – by 5pm today

TEXTILE GUY

Executive Member
According to Zuma’s lawyers, the interdict was not seeking to ban the report, but rather to grant the president a period of two months to have his say in response to the allegations contained within the report.

Van Rooyen’s application was to be heard with Zuma’s, but because of its late entry into the matter – and van Rooyen’s legal team being unprepared – it was struck off the roll as not being urgent.

Van Rooyen wanted all references to him in the report, to be redacted.

Zwane’s application accused Madonsela of having an ulterior motive in producing the report, which implicates him in a number of dubious activities relating to the Gupta family and its businesses.

The mining minister wants the report to be barred from being published, and set aside completely.
And the court said ........... stuff you :D

Lovely stuff .....

Hamster

Resident Rodent
So what now? Press conference and release?
Yeah I don't get the wait. File -> Save to PDF -> Email/FTP to server

Maybe they're giving him enough time to fuel up his jet for an "urgent" meeting with some other African state :rolleyes:

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
van Rooyen's on his way to the High Court to "have a talk with the judges"...

If it was so important to him, why didn't he remained in Pretoria for the actual court date instead of gallivanting off to Cape Town? :D :rolleyes: :D

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Public Protector SA ‏@PublicProtector 59m59 minutes ago Durban, South Africa
Official Public Protector South Africa website is http://www.publicprotector.org

Public Protector SA ‏@PublicProtector 1h1 hour ago Pretoria, South Africa
We are updating our media list & members of the media are requested to send their details to salvationm@pprotect.org to be added on the list

PP on the move, preparing for 5pm I guess.

Ecco

Executive Member
Yeah I don't get the wait. File -> Save to PDF -> Email/FTP to server

Maybe they're giving him enough time to fuel up his jet for an "urgent" meeting with some other African state :rolleyes:

Zuma is on his way if not already in Zim

Last edited:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
van Rooyen's on his way to the High Court to "have a talk with the judges"...

If it was so important to him, why didn't he remained in Pretoria for the actual court date instead of gallivanting off to Cape Town? :D :rolleyes: :D
I believe the EFF said it best when they called him a clown.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
now that its out can we get a summary??
Just read pages 85 - 95 ...that's the juicy minister stuff. Read on and she brings in cellphone records that sort of confirms Jonas' version of events and also puts Clown van Rooyen in Saxonwold as Nene is getting fired.

And then it moves on to boring coal mine stuff.

End result (if I understood correctly):

Thuli as PP ordered Zuma to setup a judical enquiry (the judge must be selectedby the Chief Justice and not Zuma). This has to happen within 30 days of the report.

That commission has 180 days to conclude their investigation and then parliment must hear it with 14 days.

Or something along those lines.