PUDO - A new way to send packages in South Africa

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
PUDO - A new way to send packages in South Africa

The Courier Guy is launching a new smart terminal platform called PUDO (Pick Up Drop Off) to provide South Africans with more convenience and flexibility to send and receive parcels.

PUDO makes use of smart lockers and a mobile app to make the delivery of packages easier for consumers.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I saw this or something very similar to this in the New Engen opposite Galleria

phly

Expert Member
Great idea - awesome even but have the engineering team been briefed on the status of looting in this country.

Its 2023 and a search through Mr X's house uncovered some drugs as well as a PUDO locker. Police have no idea how it got there. It has been hauled in to the station for forensic examination and fingerprints.

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
If its at a 24/7hr Petrol Station or Mall, I don't see security problems.

Also there is no guarantee that what the criminals steal is actually worth anything. Could be documents, samples, cheap online purchases etc.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I like courier guy, hopefully prices are good. There prices has recently increased again, while competition like aramex and internet express did not increase prices.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
So the only one in Pta is some dodgy address in the cbd? Might be interested if it gains traction. Their prices don't seem too bad.

rodga

Executive Member
Doesn't DSV also have something like this?
Yeah been using for more than a year now. No need to buy credits. (this is very dumb of the courier guy). They should just make you pay the exact amount via card etc