Pule must pay back the DoC and apologise for lies: Public Protector

MickeyD

RIP
Pule should be redeployed to the Department of Correctional Services.

As a fecking INMATE!!!!!

Johnfpro

Wait; she will be redeployed within a matter of months when everything has died down. Maybe in charge of communications for Nkandla

recre8

I don't get it: When you embezzle/steal/misappropriate money at a corporate and you get charged in a police case, can you simply pay the money back and all is forgiven? Does it work differently in Parliament? Because this whole thing feels like a slap on the wrist for what is pretty much a normal crime. A few apologies and return the money the stole from the taxpayer. Or is she technically not guilty of a crime?

chrisc

Executive Member
In Lithuania, a building collapsed and the minister resigned
In England a minister tried to shift the blame for speeding on his ex-wife, but when he was found out, he (eventually) resigned

Trouble is, the people above have independent means, whereas the likes of Pule depend utterly on the largess of the exchequer and have blow-all in the bank

chrisc

Executive Member
I don't get it: When you embezzle/steal/misappropriate money at a corporate and you get charged in a police case, can you simply pay the money back and all is forgiven? Does it work differently in Parliament? Because this whole thing feels like a slap on the wrist for what is pretty much a normal crime. A few apologies and return the money the stole from the taxpayer. Or is she technically not guilty of a crime?

But you don't have friends in high places.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Exactly how much must she repay and can we see proof of this repayment.

I put my gonads on a block that she will still benefit greatly and her BFF will walk away stinking rich and smiling.

These corrupt @ssholes must be held FULLY responsible and pay back every cent.

l_abc_l

The word "honourable" was misused dozens of times in that report...

Agreed, surely you need to question your sentence at some point cos it just doesn't make sense anymore....

"Honourable Pule’s conduct was unlawful." - WTF

skimread

Honorary Master
As I understand a case of corruption was opened earlier this year by the DA with the SAPS against Pule.

Last I heard the docket gone missing somehow.
Pity I thought everything these days were on computers and backed up