Pupil who 'stabbed' classmate with a spoon over food in court for attempted murder

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Can we just do the responsible thing and ban assault spoons?
I wonder when we will have groups for the precious cause. We no longer live in the mid-evil ages. No need for spoons, assault spoons at that

Sollie

Expert Member
The real problem with school stabbings in SA is that the pupils are always much older than their classmates. Older pupils cause kak and should really go to schools for older kids.

Here is an example of a story posted last week of a 17 year grade 8 student who stabbed a teacher to death.
https://ewn.co.za/2019/05/28/npa-welcomes-hefty-sentence-handed-to-grade-8-pupil-for-teacher-s-murder

Grade 8 is supposed to be 13/14 years old. You are asking for trouble putting much older kids in with younger kids. The older kids will be entitled, not listen to teachers and bully the younger kids
Spokesperson Phaladi Shuping said: “The judge sentenced him to 12 years for murder, one year for attempted murder, one year for theft of his cellphone and one year for malicious damage to property. The sentences are going to run concurrently.”
So he'll be out in ~ five years? It's okay, he can repeat grade 8 then and continue his school career. Oh wait, he's only allowed to be held back so many times. Grade 12 in 9 years, then off to varsity for him.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
How SFSA started and some highlights in the organisation’s history

Spoon Free South Africa (SFSA) was formed in 2019 with the aim of making a material contribution to the safety and security of South Africa by reducing spoon-related violence.

Spoons in the new South Africa

SFSA traces its roots back to the June 2019 preceding a school spoon stabbing, when religious leaders and others launched various peace initiatives to address the violent conflicts that prevailed at the time. Spoons had proliferated in the hands of school pupils and were widely distributed to groups claiming they were needed for ‘eating’. The unarmed majority lived in fear on trains and taxis, in the streets and in their homesteads and dwellings. There was real concern that there might be a military coup and many feared civil war between various powerful political formations.

It was in this charged environment that the seed for SFSA was planted; with a campaign for civilians to hand in their spoons for destruction by the authorities. The prime movers of the campaign were members of the religious sub-committee who saw a need to rid South Africa of spoons, which had reached excessive levels in 2019. The aim of the new campaign was to assist the government to remove spoons from the streets of South Africa.
Source: SFSA website

ForceFate

Honorary Master
So he'll be out in ~ five years? It's okay, he can repeat grade 8 then and continue his school career. Oh wait, he's only allowed to be held back so many times. Grade 12 in 9 years, then off to varsity for him.
Jail is varsity for his type...

Reactions: 3WA

Gnome

Executive Member
Stabber definitely not in Gr. 12
A lot of men get very aggressive around 18, even I will admit I was difficult at that age combined with being in your prime (ie> physical strength)
Having a lot of men at this age in your school is not a good environment for sure.

It is hard because these guys should be allowed to get education but man, you can't house them with children.

itsme2

A lot of men get very aggressive around 18, even I will admit I was difficult at that age combined with being in your prime (ie> physical strength)
Having a lot of men at this age in your school is not a good environment for sure.

It is hard because these guys should be allowed to get education but man, you can't house them with children.
hardly in your physical prime at 18. Male physical prime is 30's

itsme2

Hahahahahahaha, oh wait, you are being serious?
Go and google it if you doubt this. male sexual prime around 18 yrs. No ways an 18yr old male can have the physical strength of a mid-30's male. forget it.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Go and google it if you doubt this. male sexual prime around 18 yrs. No ways an 18yr old male can have the physical strength of a mid-30's male. forget it.
You mean those MGTOWs were lying to me? I thought the 30s were my time to baljaar.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
My mom was a farm primary school teacher. It was very rare for a child to be the "right" age for a class. There were plenty of 15-16 year olds, and some 17 and even 18 year olds in class.

I remember how she told me once that the one guy said something similar to "jou ma se p..." and was then stabbed with scissors in the head.

Also, how after the police came to give their rape/molestation talk at school, there were suddenly a lot more reports of it happening among the learners. Of about 50. Whether the talk was inspirational in the wrong way, or it just got the kids to speak up more.