Pupils suspended after four boys raped in school library

daveza

Honorary Master
https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape/pupils-suspended-after-four-boys-raped-in-school-library-19327344

Four boys from a Cape Winelands primary school have been suspended after they reportedly raped four younger boys in their school's library in November 2018.

The victims, three of whom were in Grade 4 at the time and the other in Grade 5, were among a group of boys at the school who were tasked with packing away furniture which had been used for a function at the school on the Friday evening.

According to reports, one of the older pupils locked the door and allegedly instructed another to sodomise the four boys.

Two boys then sodomised the four victims while two others looked on. One of the alleged perpetrators was in Grade 6 and the other three in Grade 7 at the time of the assault.

The alleged perpetrators were immediately suspended pending a disciplinary hearing. The disciplinary committee has recommended expulsion for all for boys.

Police have confirmed that they are investigating the incident.

Western Cape Education Department spokesperson Jessica Shelver says the parents of three of the young victims have moved their children to a nearby school, while one remains at the school. All four victims are visited bi-weekly by a WCED social worker.

" We are absolutely appalled by this incident. It is of great concern to us that learners of such a young age are not only aware of such behaviour but are allegedly engaging in it. This kind of behaviour is learned – learned at home, in communities and perhaps at schools too. We have to do everything possible as a society to make our world a safer place for the children in our care," said Shelver.

Shelver said the school followed the department's " Abuse No More Protocol" which provides detailed guidelines on dealing with sexual abuse in the province's schools.

The WCED developed the guidelines - which aim to equip schools, teachers and pupils to deal with incidents of this nature - because of the high prevalence of child abuse, deliberate neglect and sexual offences against children in communities and educational institutions throughout the country, she said.
o_O

thestaggy

Honorary Master
WTF!? o_O

Sad thing here is 11 - 13 year olds (Grd 6 & 7) kids don't know about this sort of stuff unless they've been exposed to it. Would not be surprised if the one ordering the assaults is a victim of this himself.

Nick333

Honorary Master
I'm guessing this is a posh boys school and this sort of thing has been going on there forever. It is a learned behaviour, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it was learned at home, it was probably a tradition that's been past down year after year for decades.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I'm guessing this is a posh boys school and this sort of thing has been going on there forever. It is a learned behaviour, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it was learned at home, it was probably a tradition that's been past down year after year for decades.
I'm guessing the exact opposite. This will be a school bathed in a culture where this kind of rape is prevelant in gangster and jail culture.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I'm guessing this is a posh boys school
not if the picture in the article is of the actual school's classroom, that looks like some crappy rural school

also, it's a primary school, the only posh boys schools in the winelands I know of are high schools

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Absurd...........

Rapists back at school with victims

Like most girls, Micheline Abrahams* goes to school every day. Unlike most girls, Micheline attends school with three of the boys accused of raping her younger brother.

In November last year, Angelo* was one of four boys aged 10 to 12 at a Western Cape farm school who were raped by four teenagers aged 14 to 16. Three of the alleged perpetrators attend the same high school as Micheline.

Micheline’s mother, Dawn*, says her daughter is threatened almost daily, in particular by one of the accused.

“Hy dreig nou my meisiekind [He is now threatening my daughter],” she says.
“Hy sal vir haar sê, ‘Ek gaan jou drol terug naai, net soos ek met jou broertjie gemaak het’. Al sulke goed sê hy. Nou hoe moet jy staande bly? Hoe moet jy kop bo water hou? Wat doen ek in so ’n geval? [He’ll say to her, ‘I’m going to **** the **** back up your ass like I did with your brother.’ Such things he would say to her. Now, how am I supposed to remain standing? How am I supposed to keep head above water? What do I do?]”

ponder

Honorary Master
Absurd...........

Like most girls, Micheline Abrahams* goes to school every day. Unlike most girls, Micheline attends school with three of the boys accused of raping her younger brother.

In November last year, Angelo* was one of four boys aged 10 to 12 at a Western Cape farm school who were raped by four teenagers aged 14 to 16. Three of the alleged perpetrators attend the same high school as Micheline.

Micheline’s mother, Dawn*, says her daughter is threatened almost daily, in particular by one of the accused.

“Hy sal vir haar sê, ‘Ek gaan jou drol terug naai, net soos ek met jou broertjie gemaak het’. Al sulke goed sê hy. Nou hoe moet jy staande bly? Hoe moet jy kop bo water hou? Wat doen ek in so ’n geval? [He’ll say to her, ‘I’m going to **** the **** back up your ass like I did with your brother.’ Such things he would say to her. Now, how am I supposed to remain standing? How am I supposed to keep head above water? What do I do?]”
It needs to be terminated with extreme prejudice and I don't care that it's a minor.

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
Absurd...........

Fetish detected