Pupils Traumatise Cape Town Teacher

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
A Cape Town teacher has been traumatised by a spate of attacks on her by pupils at Crestway High School, it was reported on Tuesday.

Sharidene Meyer, 26, told The Cape Argus she had been subjected to physical and verbal abuse.

A few weeks ago, she was reportedly assaulted by a pupil who came into the classroom and grabbed and twisted her arm. Another pupil made inappropriate and offensive comments about her breasts.

She decided to go to the police station in Steenberg and lay charge of assault and crimen injuria.

Last Wednesday, the situation reached boiling point when a pupil set her hair alight, she told the newspaper.

She said she had been writing on the board during a Grade Eight history class when a pupil came up behind her and set her hair on fire with a lighter.

She told The Cape Argus she had styled her hair in a "wet look" that day and was lucky to escape without too much damage.

She had since taken leave, citing depression, and had decided not to return.

According to the newspaper, Captain Frederick van Wyk said both cases were still under investigation.

It reported that Bronagh Casey, spokeswoman for education MEC Donald Grant, said a pupil had been temporarily suspended from the school and was to appear at a disciplinary hearing later on Tuesday.

Source : Sapa /je/tk/clh/pd
Date : 05 Mar 2013 09:10

thestaggy

Honorary Master
My dad told me a story about a matric boy in his high school that hit a female teacher. She reported him to the principal and the principal sent the ex-Army Sergeant PE teacher to pay him a visit. The guy pissed his pants in front of the class as he received a solid thrashing from the PE teacher. He received a further thrashing at home when his dad found out why he got stuffed up by the PE teacher.

Zero discipline and zero respect in this country.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
It reported that Bronagh Casey, spokeswoman for education MEC Donald Grant, said a pupil had been temporarily suspended from the school and was to appear at a disciplinary hearing later on Tuesday.

What they call suspension, he calls it a holiday.

Die_Miek

my manager always says: "no consequence, no balance"

people are getting to lightly for offences in sa.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
My dad told me a story about a matric boy in his high school that hit a female teacher. She reported him to the principal and the principal sent the ex-Army Sergeant PE teacher to pay him a visit. The guy pissed his pants in front of the class as he received a solid thrashing from the PE teacher. He received a further thrashing at home when his dad found out why he got stuffed up by the PE teacher.

This will not go down well. Our precious little kids are untouchable. They can do what they want because they know nothing will happen to them. No discipline.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
She said she had been writing on the board during a Grade Eight history class when a pupil came up behind her and set her hair on fire with a lighter.

This degenerate needs to be curbstomped. :mad:

Avenue

Expert Member
Good, she must lay criminal charges and they must be put into juvi (if they even have that in SA)

Brilliant. In our day the male pupils would be lining up to thrash the git

Flanders

Honorary Master
This is why a hiding was a good thing - end of. And if it got to the point as described in the OP then it was explusion or worse, simple as that.

Garson007

Honorary Master
This is hardly an unusual side-effect for the western treatment of children, especially where Anglo-Saxon ideas are involved.

TheHiveMind

Banned
I don't understand what you mean. Please explain.

He's right, in exactly the opposite way that he thinks he is. It's all the p**** footing, pacifism, tolerance and excuses in western society that is the cause. And he'll prescribe more, just watch him. Children aren't adults. They must be shaped into adults with what is effectively a social hammer.

Last edited:

Garson007

Honorary Master
I don't understand what you mean. Please explain.
Anglo-Saxons are vehemently protective of their children (protecting the innocent!); it's kind of like the Scandinavians and feminism. You just have to look at the media, in these influenced countries, reporting about paedophilia, child rights, censorship and children going off on their teachers to come to terms with it. Then look at say the Chinese or the Indian peoples and it will paint a completely different picture about the perception of children.

I think the biggest problem is that children are handled as fully capable people when they are only developing people. Shaping them should be part of that process, but everyone is standing back with their hands tied - incapable of moulding them.

He's right, in exactly the opposite way that he thinks he is. It's all the p**** footing, pacifism, tolerance and excuses in western society that is the cause. And he'll prescribe more, just watch him. Children aren't adults. They must be shaped into adults with what is effectively a social hammer.
:rolleyes: Pacifism and tolerance is great, but it only works on developed people.

Last edited:

TheHiveMind

Banned
:rolleyes: Pacifism and tolerance is great, but it only works on developed people.

In the past you have advocated for pacifism and tolerance towards everyone and everything, I'm glad to see you backtracking. Children are under developed people, but they aren't the only ones.

-The outcome of pacifism as a strategy is entirely at the mercy of the enemy-

Last edited:

Garson007

Honorary Master
You have advocated it for everyone though. Children are under developed people, but they aren't the only ones.
No, apart from other mentally disabled humans they are the only ones. Any person who is capable of higher cognitive abilities is physiologically fully developed. I'm not targeting education or culture, only the biological reality.