Purchased 2nd hand Chevy Spark from a Dealership 5 months ago - so many problems!

Minnie08

Hello,

I purchased a Chevy Spark 1.2 LS (2016) from a Chevy dealership towards the end of December at 35000kms. This is the very first car that I purchased and it was financed through the dealership. It was purchased in such a hurry - I only went for a "test drive" the car but the salesperson was so pushy that I took the car without even giving it a proper look over.

To date, I have not received my spare keys nor my service book. I have been following up numerous times and it's just excuses after excuses and I am seriously tired of this.

I recently needed to take my car to a panel beater to install a new rear light and the panel beater pointed out that the section below the front passenger door is completely different to the drivers side and this is an indication of it having been in an accident and that they did not use original parts. I never noticed it before because I never knew what to look out for but after he pointed this out I could see it. I ran a report on the vin number but no accidents were reported.

The dealership did not disclose this to me and they've only said that they've replaced the Tyres, windscreen wipers and minor cosmetic damages (scratches).

I wanted to know what my options are with this? How should I go about this? I read online that according to the CPA I have 6 months to return it but i'm not sure what I should do.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Take it back, they took advantage of you.

Chevy trying to get rid of old stock, now that they have left the country.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Where are the major problems? Seems like really minor issues to me.

If the VIN doesn't show up any accidents then the dealership did their job as there was nothing to disclose.

It could very hell have been mismatched from the factory.

Spare Keys & Service Book are a fight you'll need to fight but not really enough reason to return a car over.

Why did you need to replace the rear light? Did you break it?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Take it back, they took advantage of you.

Chevy trying to get rid of old stock, now that they have left the country.

Based on what? There is nothing in these complaints to justify returning a car.

Tman*

Expert Member
CPA on paper is a great piece of legislation. In practice it sucks. You can try to return the car, but the dealership will laugh at you, and any attempts you make to force their hand will lead to them fighting back in every legal way possible.

Lupus

Honorary Master
You cannot return a car because you don't have the spare key or the service manual (generally signs they don't have either). If the car has been in for a lot of repairs, possibly you can return it. But for undisclosed accident damage ( that might've been done without letting insurance know by the sounds of it) and the keys you're not going to get far.

semisane1987

Same thing about my Honda Brio run a VIN no accident report, remove the front bumper you can see the car was in accident.

I think these people take the cars to a backyard panelbeaters, do touch ups then sell the car to innocent people like us. I don't know in your case can't you notify the bank. Maybe they can help you I'm the same situation.

Last edited:

Sumen

Expert Member
Hello,

I purchased a Chevy Spark 1.2 LS (2016) from a Chevy dealership towards the end of December at 35000kms. This is the very first car that I purchased and it was financed through the dealership. It was purchased in such a hurry - I only went for a "test drive" the car but the salesperson was so pushy that I took the car without even giving it a proper look over.

To date, I have not received my spare keys nor my service book. I have been following up numerous times and it's just excuses after excuses and I am seriously tired of this.

I recently needed to take my car to a panel beater to install a new rear light and the panel beater pointed out that the section below the front passenger door is completely different to the drivers side and this is an indication of it having been in an accident and that they did not use original parts. I never noticed it before because I never knew what to look out for but after he pointed this out I could see it. I ran a report on the vin number but no accidents were reported.

The dealership did not disclose this to me and they've only said that they've replaced the Tyres, windscreen wipers and minor cosmetic damages (scratches).

I wanted to know what my options are with this? How should I go about this? I read online that according to the CPA I have 6 months to return it but i'm not sure what I should do.
You need get a lawyer to send them a letter before the 6 months is up

maumau

Honorary Master
Always has trouble with his cars :wtf:

Last edited: