Push to ditch colonial-era names in all public spaces across SA

The Free Radical

Arts and Culture Minister Nathi Mthethwa says the ANC-led government will push to ensure that all public spaces named after colonial and apartheid masterminds, including towns, are changed if reconciliation is to be achieved in the country. On Sunday, the governing party presented its manifesto through its subcommittee on social cohesion and nation-building.

“We cannot have public spaces named after those people. That would not be reconciliation. It would be capitulation." ...

Read more - https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/push-to-ditch-colonial-era-names-in-all-public-spaces-across-sa-21162474

Last edited:

konfab

Honorary Master
I have already provided a solution that solves everyone's problems. The government didn't listen.
I have an idea.
We change all roads in South Africa to the following:
Nelson Mandela Road [number] for roads that go in a North South direction
Nelson Mandela Street [number] for roads that go in an East/West direction.

All suburbs are named Nelson Mandela suburb [1]

All airports are named Nelson Mandela airport in [City name]

All cities are named Nelson Mandela City [number]

All provinces are named Nelson Mandela Province [number]

Where do you live?
I live in Number 9 Nelson Mandela Road, Nelson Mandela Suburb 35, Nelson Mandela City 2, Nelson Mandela Province 4

Cius

Executive Member
Of course this is all very important, much more important than say stopping corruption, arresting the Gupta's, or delivering on jobs, education, housing, or the other stuff. That is why these changes will happen where the latter will not.

Techne

Honorary Master
SA in totality to be named after criminals, corrupt and terrorists.
Maybe someone should tell this dimwit that he needs to abolish the borders of South Africa if he does not want to capitulate and wants full reconciliation.

Temujin

Executive Member
Priorities:thumbsup: What happens when you run out of streets and buildings to change? Mandatory name and surname changes?

konfab

Honorary Master
Priorities:thumbsup: What happens when you run out of streets and buildings to change? Mandatory name and surname changes?
I got you fam...

Better yet, the ANC should modify all variants of the South African dictionary to contain more struggle names.
They can change the world "positive" to Mandela (for Nelson Mandela) and "negative" to Mandela (for Winnie Mandela).

The Free Radical

Yeah ... lets replace the names with people who built bogger-all and contributed bogger-all during pre and post apartheid. People who were terrorists who killed and maimed innocent people and who have looted the coffers dry.

Put your names on stuff you built ..... ah wait a minute ..... you havn't anything worth naming because you have been so busy stuffing your pockets and foreign bank accounts with other people's hard earned cash for the last 3 decades.

Commies and Marxists doing social engineering by pissing on everything and marking their territory just like the Nats did. You can change names of my city, my town, my street and my building but YOU WILL NEVER OWN MY MIND and change how I think of you and your lying and thieving ilk.

Renaming inanimate objects does not provide jobs, shelter and food you dumbwitt!

I've done my reconciliation. Iv'e reconciled with the fact that I will never support your backward ideologies and crooked ways!

Last edited:

Mista_Mobsta

Maybe if you trough feeders would build new and improved public spaces instead of leeching for the past 25years, then you could name those spaces what ever you wanted to...

HunterNW

Executive Member
So my history now means fcoll..... Then you mean fcoll to me. Capish ?

Arthur

Honorary Master
Writing's on the wall. Black or white, get out before they take all you have.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
In the spirit of reconsillyation we should push that the minister's name be changed to Nutty Mthethwa.