Push to ditch colonial-era names in all public spaces across SA

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I think we should just assign numbers to cities, Cape Town can start at 1 as it was first, but programmers might take offense and want it to start at 0.
Then "african" science might argue as well, since they haven't made their version of the decimal system yet.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I think we should just assign numbers to cities, Cape Town can start at 1 as it was first, but programmers might take offense and want it to start at 0.
Then "african" science might argue as well, since they haven't made their version of the decimal system yet.
ANC politicians make a daft decision then you use that as an opportunity to attack "Africans" with something you know little of? Really dude? Subtle, but we see it.

awvince

Executive Member
Just another way for them to waste our hard earned taxed monies. Fix the ****ing country and then you can rename the freaken country for all I care.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
ANC politicians make a daft decision then you use that as an opportunity to attack "Africans" with something you know little of? Really dude? Subtle, but we see it.
Good grief, you’re so desperate you are really clutching at straws with this one.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Good grief, you’re so desperate you are really clutching at straws with this one.
Desperate for what? Decision was made by ANC politicians. What does that have to do with "Africans"? Why is it Africans on the receiving end?

Flanders

Honorary Master
Wow, it clearly pains these chip-on-shoulder, inferiority-complex-sufferers to no end having to read a white man's name on anything or any place in this country. Boo fscking hoo.

District 1, District 2...

Sollie

Executive Member
Desperate for what? Decision was made by ANC politicians. What does that have to do with "Africans"? Why is it Africans on the receiving end?
But, but ... he attacked programmers first!

Heaven forbid I tell the Boer krap joke. Oh wait, that would be okay and we'd probably all laugh.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Making a joke at the de-colonization people, e.g. Ms Lighting against "Western Science". Sad that you can't seem to realize that.
Not sure how you can ever go to a comedy show, my joke was really dumb, which was kinda the point.

I mean, I even put african into quotes, not sure how much more clear I can be?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Ag, read it again. Africans are on the receiving end because a significant amount of mouthy militants are dead set on decolonising education. Have you been sleeping?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Making a joke at the de-colonization people, e.g. Ms Lighting against "Western Science". Sad that you can't seem to realize that.
Not sure how you can ever go to a comedy show, my joke was really dumb, which was kinda the point.
Having spent the past few years on this forum, it's hard to tell when some people are joking

Spizz

Goat Botherer

I mean, I even put african into quotes, not sure how much more clear I can be?
That’s the sad thing about how this country has become. Too many people jumping on nothing and making a huge something. And in any thread about race, you can bet your bottom dollar the champ and ForceFate are straight in there with magnifying glasses looking for an argument.

Lucky you never put it on Twitter. You’d be in court tomorrow (if you are white).

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Ag, read it again. Africans are on the receiving end because a significant amount of mouthy militants are dead set on decolonising education. Have you been sleeping?
But the decision was made by politician. Furthermore, the "decolonisation" movement has people from more than one ethnic/racial group. People calling for decolonisation of science (whatever that means) are either doing it to serve a political agenda or know nothing about science.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
That’s the sad thing about how this country has become. Too many people jumping on nothing and making a huge something. And in any thread about race, you can bet your bottom dollar the champ and ForceFate are straight in there with magnifying glasses looking for an argument.

Lucky you never put it on Twitter. You’d be in court tomorrow (if you are white).
Probably Zoomzoom too.
Having spent the past few years on this forum, it's hard to tell when some people are joking
But now you definitely know I am, even though everyone else seems to have gotten it, but you do not apologize after it was clarified after your unfounded accusation?
If you can't tell the difference, why bother commenting anymore?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
But the decision was made by politician. Furthermore, the "decolonisation" movement has people from more than one ethnic/racial group. People calling for decolonisation of science (whatever that means) are either doing it to serve a political agenda or know nothing about science.
Regardless, the point is to move away from the established curriculum of learning and instead Africanise education.

Using African in a sentence doesn’t mean you are a racist. It means you are talking about Africa.

dj2381

Expert Member

Those two definitely like reaching, trying to find the racist angle whenever they comment.

neoprema

Expert Member
Typical african thing, lets not spend money feeding people and supporting a growing generation who only know colonialism as something from history books - but rather lets spend millions on name changes because thats logical...

diesel

Expert Member
Changing names of towns is the only thing these uneducated looters can actually change, any meaningful change is too complicated for them.

Pegasus

Executive Member
Of course this is all very important, much more important than say stopping corruption, arresting the Gupta's, or delivering on jobs, education, housing, or the other stuff. That is why these changes will happen where the latter will not.
They’ll probably name a few places after the Guptas.