Push to ditch colonial-era names in all public spaces across SA

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Looking at the rest of DC, that's how they roll ..... war torn, starving, powerless, rapidly breeding peoples be damned

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Good, My WW2 uncle's name be one of the new names.
I wouldn't count on it.

'Wars of colonialism’
“Now in a democratic dispensation, we can’t be encouraging an approach that says we still belong to an imperial past,” he said. “It cannot be, for it defeats the purpose of what our democratic government stands for, which is reconciliation, social cohesion and nation building.” Musi said both world wars were “wars of colonialism” that had little to do with SA’s democratic freedom. “Colonialism was by nature divisive — it is the opposite of what we stand for as South Africans post-’94,” Musi said. “We must therefore be very sensitive to these matters.” Musi said the department would take part in Armed Forces Day on Thursday “in the spirit of trying to say we are all together. It is unfortunate that people move outside the efforts of the nation.”
https://samilhistory.com/2019/02/17...erans-snubs-south-african-military-sacrifice/

Anything pre-1994 that isn't ANC or on the right side of the struggle is increasingly verboten in SA.

jack_spratt

Expert Member
Shaka was a military dictator, who suppressed other tribes and killed many others.
So please dont name anything after him....

RedViking

Nord of the South
Whatever keep the masses happy I guess.... They might not have work, money or food, but at least they can look at a sign that says Jacob Zuma Avenue.