Push to move South Africa’s parliament to Pretoria

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I am in the opinion that parliament should move to within the same district as The Union Buildings, BUT this is an incremental move. They should phase parliament over a 5-year period, and bridge where possible with online mediums. This isn't something which should to be rushed as it will come at a great expense.

Furthermore, the current parliamentary buildings should be given to the Western Cape government, and should also be opened up to public access where civil debate can be had. There is a lot to which these buildings can be opened up to.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Ya, this makes it looks like the EFF had a part in the fire.... however given that the fire has now happened its a good opportunity to move Parliament.

I'd actually move everything to Bloem. Its nice and central and where the growth is needed.

RonSwanson

Honorary Master
I like it. No sense flying fat fscks up and down between Cape Town and Pretoria, and giving them offices on both sides. Put up a tent on the Union Building lawns and get those plastic chairs.
Plus the double housing for them as well as their bloated entourages. It's totally crazy that the taxpayer has to pay for moving all of this every single year. It's not like parliamentarians are performance-focused in any way either, in fact it's the exact opposite.

John Tempus

Executive Member
So, its time to drag some EFF members in for questioning relating to the recent fire.

The suspect they arrested is likely connected to the EFF if they just bother to dig deep enough.

dj_jyno

Expert Member
I like it. No sense flying fat fscks up and down between Cape Town and Pretoria, and giving them offices on both sides. Put up a tent on the Union Building lawns and get those plastic chairs.
Get a few popcorn machines for the public while you're at it. We pay tax, we deserve to get our money's worth of entertainment out of them.

Reactions: 3WA