Quade Cooper denied Australian citizenship despite representing the country 70 times.

cn@

Expert Member

This is a ****ing joke. I can understand why Australia is very strict regarding the influx of everything from alien plants and animals to foreigners ... but FFS this is someone who hasn't just leached Australian resources but have actively and considerably enhanced the performance of their national team.

Listen to the government's reply:

The letter from the government says he had not provided evidence to satisfy the special residency requirements, which refers to "persons engaging in activities of benefit to Australia" and "persons engaged in particular kinds of work requiring regular travel outside of Australia."

JohnMao

Executive Member
I don't particularily like the guy but it shows you how pathetic the Aussies are with immigration. When a hairdresser or barista is considered a scarce skill, but a guy who played rugby for you for years and has lived there for 20 years, is still not a citizen, you're full of shite.

grok

Honorary Master
Still better than our open borders where the destitute from ruining their own countries can just stream in & chow what WMC has produced.

Corelli

Expert Member
To be honest, thats why I dont feel to move to Australia. Their immigration system is a pure misery actually.

Kelerei

Expert Member
Reading between the lines... the statement from the Australian government was "[he] had not provided evidence". The onus is on Cooper to provide satisfactory evidence, and not simply rely on the fact that he's a household name, which is what he appears to have done.

In my opinion, the correct decision was therefore made.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Reading between the lines... the statement from the Australian government was "[he] had not provided evidence". The onus is on Cooper to provide satisfactory evidence, and not simply rely on the fact that he's a household name, which is what he appears to have done.

In my opinion, the correct decision was therefore made.
But we don't have all of the facts. My guess would be someone as wealthy as him would have used an immigration lawyer, who would have got all of his ducks in a row and provided some kind of proof that he represented Australia at an international level.