Quake: Revitalized Edition

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

Quake ‘revitalized edition’ is imminent as game appears on ESRB rating site​

The Quakecon fan event starts today, and shockingly, it looks like Bethesda and id Software plan to reveal some news about the classic shooter. The Entertainment Software Rating Board in the United States has listed an M rating for Quake on its website this morning. In addition to warnings about “blood and gore” and “violence,” the ESRB notes the game is coming to Windows, PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.

Rating Summary​

This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of a soldier that travels through time to stop an evil force from destroying humanity. Players traverse through maze-like medieval enviornments and use shotguns, nail guns, and grenade launchers to kill various enemies (e.g., zombies, demonic forces, scorpions, humans) in frenetic run-and-gun combat. Battles are accompanied by gunfire sounds, screams of pain, and large explosions. Large blood-splatter effects occur frequently, and several attack cause enemies to explode into bloody chunks. Some areas depict mutilated body parts on the ground or falling from ceilings.

Is it time yet? QC2021 starts 7pm (or is it 8pm?) for us afaik.

Last edited:

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

QuakeCon 2021 livestreams​

The QuakeCon 2021 livestream is scheduled to kick off on August 19 at 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET and last a couple of hours before a break, before starting again at 8:00 p.m. PT. On Friday, August 20, the stream starts at 6:30 a.m. PT / 9:30 a.m. ET and goes until late at night. Saturday, August 21’s livestream begins at 6:30 a.m. PT / 9:30 a.m. ET.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
meh. Here I was thinking at least id tech 6 or later. Looks "like" #22. Not sure I want to pay* that when there already is quakespasm/vquake :unsure:

1629398247468.png

*that is if you don't already own quake. I've just got an update for steam.
1629398390219.png

VoodooBean

So So juicey ! love this game :) I'm thinking of getting of the Switch as well :)

StoneCold

Expert Member
Will put a server or 2 this morning, can't wait to get fragging!

PS: Okay, this is going to take some trial and error, will post if I'm successful in getting a dedicated server online.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I remember trying to play Quake on a 486 DX2-66Mhz with 16mb of RAM. That... wasn't fun.

Now any potato can run this game. My washing machine could probably run it.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
In all honesty vkquake looks and plays better. Finally, I don't get the excitement over yet another source port.

edit: it is kexengine and nblood all over again.

Last edited:

VoodooBean

I see Quake 2 & 3 is on xbox game pass for PC

Anyone can verify if it's got the music and runs on latest PC's ? The old Q2 from steam needed a source port and music to be added in to really enjoy it on latest hardware.

Secondly, I figured out how to use RTX Q2 to run Q2 without yamagi and other source ports :) even if you do not have an RTX card ...

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I see Quake 2 & 3 is on xbox game pass for PC

Anyone can verify if it's got the music and runs on latest PC's ? The old Q2 from steam needed a source port and music to be added in to really enjoy it on latest hardware.

Secondly, I figured out how to use RTX Q2 to run Q2 without yamagi and other source ports :) even if you do not have an RTX card ...
No music for q2 or 3 on xbgp pc, just installed and there is nothing during game play. I'll link you something for q2 in a bit.

edit: yes, I probably would have used VkQuake2 + restore music keeping it as close possible to the original rather than going overboard. For everything else if needed there is pcgamingwiki.

Last edited: