Queen Elizabeth Is A Descendant Of The Prophet Mohammed?

Nick333

Honorary Master
Without watching the video, I would imagine it's more than possible considering that marriage has always been a political tool and the fact that the Ottoman Empire controlled parts of Eastern Europe. Muhammad's descendants are pretty much royalty in the Muslim world so it's not implausible that one of he's descendants was married into a Eastern European royal family and their descendants eventually ended up in all the European royal families. Royalty has a relatively small gene pool.

mmmig

Honorary Master
Without watching the video, I would imagine it's more than possible considering that marriage has always been a political tool and the fact that the Ottoman Empire controlled parts of Eastern Europe. Muhammad's descendants are pretty much royalty in the Muslim world so it's not implausible that one of he's descendants was married into a Eastern European royal family and their descendants eventually ended up in all the European royal families. Royalty has a relatively small gene pool.
The possible connection is actually through the Iberian Kingdoms.

Elizabeth II, Queen of the UK - daughter of
George VI, King of the UK - son of
George V, King of the UK - son of
Edward VII, King of the UK - son of
Victoria, Queen of the UK - daughter of
Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn - son of
George III, King of Great Britain - son of
Frederick, Prince of Wales - son of
George II, King of Great Britain - son of
George I, King of Great Britain - son of
Sophia, Electress of Hanover - daughter of
Elizabeth of Bohemia - daughter of
James I/VI, King of England, Ireland & Scotland - son of
Mary, Queen of Scots - daughter of
James V, King of Scots - son of
Margaret Tudor - daughter of
Elizabeth of York - daughter of
Edward IV, King of England - son of
Richard Plantagenet, Duke of York - son of
Richard of Conisburgh, Earl of Cambridge - son of
Isabella Perez of Castille - daughter of
Maria Juana de Padilla - daughter of
Maria Fernandez de Henestrosa - daughter of
Aldonza Ramirez de Cifontes - daughter of
Aldonza Gonsalez Giron - daughter of
Sancha Rodriguez de Lara - daughter of
Rodrigo Rodriguez de Lara - son of
Sancha Alfonsez, Infanta of Castile - daughter of
Zaida (aka Isabella) - daughter of
Al-Mu'tamid ibn Abbad, King of Seville - son of
Abbad II al-Mu'tadid, King of Seville - son of
Abu al-Qasim Muhammad ibn Abbad, King of Seville - son of
Ismail ibn Qarais - son of
Qarais ibn Abbad - son of
Abbad ibn Amr - son of
Amr ibn Aslan - son of
Aslan ibn Amr - son of
Amr ibn Itlaf - son of
Itlaf ibn Na'im - son of
Na'im II al-Lakhmi - son of
Na'im al-Lakhmi - son of
Zahra bint Husayn - daughter of
Husayn ibn Hasan - son of
Hasan ibn Ali - son of
Fatima - daughter of
Muhammad (pbuh)

Dave

Honorary Master
From a Reddit thread.

Burke's Peerage stated this back in 1986, and they claim that the connection point is Zaida of Seville. Finding sources on all this is next to impossible, because there are conflicting and incomplete sources.

I'll do my best to explain the general idea of Zaida, and why this question is impossible to answer.

Zaida was a Muslim princess. That much is about the only thing that we can say with certainty. Some sources say she's the daughter-in-law of Al Mutamid (the king of Seville at the time), in which case the connection doesn't work. Other source say that she's actually his daughter. When Seville fell, she fled and took refuge with Alfonso VI.

Some sources say that she was his mistress, who then converted to Christianity and renamed herself 'Isabel'. Only other sources indicate that Alfonso's fourth wife was Isabel--but they don't make the distinction of if it's the same Isabel or not. So she might have been just his mistress, or she might have married him and been his queen. If she was just the mistress, she has just one child, who died early, while if she was also the queen then she had three.

Basically, in order for Queen Elizabeth to be descended from Muhammed, Zaida must be the daughter (not stepdaughter) of Al-Mutamid, and she needs to be the Queen Isabel who gave birth to Alfonso VI's children.

There's really no evidence either way, but the whole connection requires a giant grain of salt, since it requires a whole lot of things to be true of which there is no proof.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/1y2cj2

newby_investor

Related when you go back that far is almost guaranteed, especially for a royal family who mix like that for political reasons.

Their family history records also tend to be pretty well kept. I was even able to discover a connection, Harry and William are my tenth cousins twice removed. Which basically means we are the same species, that's how closely we're related.

I think my common ancestor was not on the line quoted though. But i think the Mohammed connection is quite plausible.

rietrot

Honorary Master
The possible connection is actually through the Iberian Kingdoms.
The people who normally take this lineage stuff seriously doesn't normally swap around between the male and female line like that. That seems problematic.

Last edited: