Questions with regards to a Fibre installation

So I am looking for advice on an installation of Fibre from the CPE to my router.

The option is to run a LAN cable from the CPE to my router, this cable being +-50m long. Does one get any drop in speed with a cable this long and is there a specific cable one should use? The wire is airborne and pole to pole.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Won't get degradation on ethernet over that distance. Use Cat6 or Cat5e if possible. Put that cable in a sleeve, cables love sleeves.

Separate question though, why are you running 50m of outdoor cable from a CPE? The CPE is a box installed in your house that needs power - if you misunderstood and are looking at the little box they put up on your boundary wall, that's not the CPE, and you need to get fibra installed at your house still.

Ok thanks, No there are 3 houses on the property, CPE box would ideally go at the closest point which is in the garage and then the other house is +-50m away. Thanks for the advice.

Any idea what OpenServe charges for extra trenching per meter, I see they give you 8m for free, and then charge thereafter.