R1 million for a great business idea

RaptorSA

Executive Member
Here's one:
GOTO HELL!
Go straight to hell, do not pass by CellC, do not collect out-of-bundle rates... just head straight to bloody hell.

Of course, you could also disband the massive turd infested psychedelic maze matrix that is your contracts, bundles, rates, rate of rates, call time etc. etc. for a bloody flat rate on all your data and calls ...of course the lure of money made from confused customers will never allow that now will it, Vodacom?
Let me guess, the winning entry will probably be some bored Quantative Analyst who used a super computer to find another gap in their pricing structure that could be dished out as a "promotion" or package while raking in more cash.

Probably something like:
Sign up for contract X between 15:04PM and 16:33PM on August 23 and get a FREE 0.34Hours calltime every Tan(x)/12+(13*7) (Where x is the numerical value of the day of the week you were born on, starting with Sunday, which is day 1.238) seconds for the rest of May, 23, 1921.

I don't even want to know how complex and confusing it must be to be a developer on your back-end systems.

Last edited:

TehStranger

Executive Member
“For the first time in Vodacom’s history, we will be making one of our staff members a millionaire. I advised you recently about getting your creative juices flowing, so now is your chance to submit those brilliant ideas,” said Joosub.

Yeah, guess those exec salaries are all lies. :whistling:

SinghDude

Chief Sports Analyst
How about getting a million bucks to shaft somebody with the least amount of Vaseline ?

recre8

Cool, maybe someone can implement a webpage where you can manage airtime on a number of sim cards. We have a large number of mobile devices each with a prepaid sim, and keeping track of airtime balance is a mission

RaptorSA

Executive Member
RaptorSA rant: Wow. Missed your meds today?

I'll never miss an opportunity to show them how much I love them. :D
I don't blame them for EVERYTHING though... it was my choice to sign up with them again.
*Slashes inner thigh with Steak knife*

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Vodacom would not even entertain free ideas from their own staff - as valuable and good those ideas were. Too much red tape and politics to give people recognition. The "new" awards will be based on "improve-the-bottom-line" ideas and not about how to improve the service- and product experience for the end customer.

TJ99

Honorary Master
Didn't the last guy to come up with a great idea that made Vodacom bajillions of Rands get shafted in a major way?

TJ99

Honorary Master
Here's one:
GOTO HELL!
Go straight to hell, do not pass by CellC, do not collect out-of-bundle rates... just head straight to bloody hell.

Of course, you could also disband the massive turd infested psychedelic maze matrix that is your contracts, bundles, rates, rate of rates, call time etc. etc. for a bloody flat rate on all your data and calls ...of course the lure of money made from confused customers will never allow that now will it, Vodacom?
Let me guess, the winning entry will probably be some bored Quantative Analyst who used a super computer to find another gap in their pricing structure that could be dished out as a "promotion" or package while raking in more cash.

Probably something like:
Sign up for contract X between 15:04PM and 16:33PM on August 23 and get a FREE 0.34Hours calltime every Tan(x)/12+(13*7) (Where x is the numerical value of the day of the week you were born on, starting with Sunday, which is day 1.238) seconds for the rest of May, 23, 1921*

I don't even want to know how complex and confusing it must be to be a developer on your back-end systems.

*Promotion only valid for new customers purchasing a Galaxy S4 Mini with a Hot Pink flipcover, paying in cash and entering shops from the rear entrance after midnight.

*T's and C's apply

Beri

Expert Member
Fire the CEO!!!!
save millions a year.
increase the shark to R3 a meg....... millions more

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
does this mean staff members who send a memo saying "stop being dumb asses about CTR regulation" will get a million rand or a dismissal letter?

Sonic2k

Executive Member
I can make a million far easier and get to keep it too.
EPIC FAIL

Beri

Expert Member
did they not steal the call me idea and gave they guy nothing??

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert
Cool, maybe someone can implement a webpage where you can manage airtime on a number of sim cards. We have a large number of mobile devices each with a prepaid sim, and keeping track of airtime balance is a mission
Sent you a PM.

entrepr

Expert Member
It is a far better idea to offer members of the public such rewards. The money can come from reducing the number of employed staff working on innovation as they seldom have real breakthroughs and pay it to people who do have an actual breakthrough

Happy to talk about this concept further - for R1m :whistling:

falcon786

Honorary Master
Here's one:
GOTO HELL!

Probably something like:
Sign up for contract X between 15:04PM and 16:33PM on August 23 and get a FREE 0.34Hours calltime every Tan(x)/12+(13*7) (Where x is the numerical value of the day of the week you were born on, starting with Sunday, which is day 1.238) seconds for the rest of May, 23, 1921.

Somebody had a bad friday afternoon!:wtf:

But yes I have to agree with your underlying point,they made things complicated to rake in the cash.