R1 million for a great business idea

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
you do realize that segregating the market and getting as many customers to pay the maximum amount that they are prepared to pay is the best way to grow a product and often allows for cross-subsidization to the benefit of the average consumer
(if you are flying on a budget you should thank the first class passengers for making cheap air tickets possible)

you also do realize that complications are inevitable when you have a rapidly changing market but have to preserve contracts over a period of time - grandfathered in contracts. The complexity is an inevitable consequence of

Don't get me wrong Vodacom have many instances of gross corporate stupidity but don't assume that their promotions are empty - the slightest engagement with low revenue customers will demonstrate that a huge amount of value is experienced by poorer South Africans and Vodacom is able to get better usage out of their network with a great many of these offerings. I do believe that they can do more to drive data for all but individually all of the MNOs are doing far more than the universal service fund and Sentech put together for creating an information society.
Here's one:
GOTO HELL!
Go straight to hell, do not pass by CellC, do not collect out-of-bundle rates... just head straight to bloody hell.

Of course, you could also disband the massive turd infested psychedelic maze matrix that is your contracts, bundles, rates, rate of rates, call time etc. etc. for a bloody flat rate on all your data and calls ...of course the lure of money made from confused customers will never allow that now will it, Vodacom?
Let me guess, the winning entry will probably be some bored Quantative Analyst who used a super computer to find another gap in their pricing structure that could be dished out as a "promotion" or package while raking in more cash.

Probably something like:
Sign up for contract X between 15:04PM and 16:33PM on August 23 and get a FREE 0.34Hours calltime every Tan(x)/12+(13*7) (Where x is the numerical value of the day of the week you were born on, starting with Sunday, which is day 1.238) seconds for the rest of May, 23, 1921.

I don't even want to know how complex and confusing it must be to be a developer on your back-end systems.

Gulio

Banned
Well it's better than nothing.
I'm sure the please call fiasco stopped employee from promoting ideas...

Gulio

Banned
Here's one:
GOTO HELL!
Go straight to hell, do not pass by CellC, do not collect out-of-bundle rates... just head straight to bloody hell.

Of course, you could also disband the massive turd infested psychedelic maze matrix that is your contracts, bundles, rates, rate of rates, call time etc. etc. for a bloody flat rate on all your data and calls ...of course the lure of money made from confused customers will never allow that now will it, Vodacom?
Let me guess, the winning entry will probably be some bored Quantative Analyst who used a super computer to find another gap in their pricing structure that could be dished out as a "promotion" or package while raking in more cash.

Probably something like:
Sign up for contract X between 15:04PM and 16:33PM on August 23 and get a FREE 0.34Hours calltime every Tan(x)/12+(13*7) (Where x is the numerical value of the day of the week you were born on, starting with Sunday, which is day 1.238) seconds for the rest of May, 23, 1921.

I don't even want to know how complex and confusing it must be to be a developer on your back-end systems.

Dude went full retard.
Ex employee?
I agree, high school too, it's so complicated, just scrap it already and start working.

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
Well it's better than nothing.
I'm sure the please call fiasco stopped employee from promoting ideas...
A good example of grand corporate stupidity to be honest. Vodacom really do need to learn to stop appearing to be bullies in litigation it doesn't help the value of the company and can often lead to problems and failings on that front - ultimately rather than driving towards an opposed application to compel negotiation the company could have handed the whole matter over to arbitration by a referee on the value of the input from the former employee and had the process looking good for the company.