Swa

Honorary Master
Yeah, illegally reselling off services to 3rd parties without consent from the source service provider?? :rolleyes:
It's the SA way. Been happening with electricity for decades.

sajunky

Honorary Master
DATA SIM’s Moosa said the company will be refunding clients who paid for the service and did not receive delivery or service after they paid.
I read: clients who have already activated SIM cards will not receive refund.

DailyTech

ri off

i thought this was an interesting page... our team :
http://www.mocks.co.za/index.php/our_team/

is the picture supposed to mean anything or just be a placeholder until they find a picture for the 2 man team?
for an IT co. i'm guessing they didnt make their own website?

The two persons in question (Pontjho Mokhonoana and Khathutshelo Mbodi) are basically IT technicians or interns.
Just f**king around , trying to cash in with B-**** "startups".

Found them easily on LinkedIN.

Amateur B-****ters.

DailyTech

The team consists of Pontjho Mokhonoana and Khathutshelo Mbodi.

a whole 2 (two) persons...

Together with their academic qualifications, ... yes which ? did the do grade 12 ... ???

the two .... WOW !!

have acquired experience ... really? what, how to change a light bulb ?

in various IT companies ... what also 100% black owned 2 person companies ???

"over the years. " ... how many years 1,2, 3 ... ???

The expertise .... WOW !!!!

of the team ... 2 "man" !!

are therefore extensive ... extensive/expensive ... what how many years ???

and will be continually enhanced through on going learning and training..... through the expensive loss of adequate services provided by totally inexperienced b-sh i tt ers ???

Bern

Expert Member
How can they resell at that price? Also how does their provider do it??

The short answer is by not allowing any traffic that would eat bandwidth (no streaming, downloading etc).

In terms of them being a two man team, that is how startups work. In this case leveraging the reseller model is a clever way to do it, any Openweb customers should not make any comments here as an example. The problem is they took a chance trying to fly under the radar against the T&Cs which was never going to last long - there is plenty of evidence of MTN and VC killing off bigger guys who tried this kind of thing before.

ngwenyas

Hahahaha nice try! liked the idea and i supposed once that agreement is made they will make a killing by just acting as the man in the middle. Nice idea

cozinsky

Expert Member
I wonder which one is Pontjho Mokhonoana or Khathutshelo Mbodi

I think it is a very deceptive website. Best to steer clear from such companies. If they can't even put up their true pictures, how can they be expected to conduct honest business? Mybb should be applauded for exposing Data Sim and eventually Mock's Technologies.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
When I see a business claim proudly that its "100% black owned" on its website I immediately turn off and would never do any business with it. Imagine the outcry if a business advertised itself as "100% white owned". I don't see why a business needs to advertise the racial makeup of it owners.

I really couldn't give a crap about what the race is of the owners of a business as long as they provide a good service. But when you are start shouting to the world that you're "100% black owned" alarm bells start ringing and I have to wonder where the business's priorities are.