R2100 for 2013 Nissan Micra Key replacement

Cyrus_Omerta

Long story short, went clubbing and lost my remote key. Looking to replace it now, the key part costs R920 from JHB. Programming and cutting is another R1200. This seems a little steep for a key that just locks and unlocks the car + immobilizer. Should i bite the bullet and just do this through Nissan?

Are there any reputable alternative Nissan key provider/cutters/programmers i might be able to use?

6spdmanual

Expert Member
Honestly that sounds fine to me. I know of a certain brand which charges R5000 for a key. So go for it.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Long story short, went clubbing and lost my remote key. Looking to replace it now, the key part costs R920 from JHB. Programming and cutting is another R1200. This seems a little steep for a key that just locks and unlocks the car + immobilizer. Should i bite the bullet and just do this through Nissan?

Are there any reputable alternative Nissan key provider/cutters/programmers i might be able to use?
Who is doing the key for you? I so need a spare.

MightyQuin

Not amused...

Insurance normally covers that. I know mine does.

XPD

If you are in GP go to national locksmiths in the Woodmead centre. Had great service from them and at half the cost of the stealerships.

Sepeng

Expert Member
If you are in GP go to national locksmiths in the Woodmead centre. Had great service from them and at half the cost of the stealerships.
I'll add a plus one for these guys; don't know if they can do a key replacement but where a dealership wanted I think R3k to make my current key just look pretty again, they charged a couple hundred. Worth a shot.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Shop around a bit. Things are as expensive because people just pay. It is probably 15min worth of work to cut and program the key

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Some Builders Whorehouses also do key cutting and cloning - maybe find out from them?

rodga

Honorary Master
I'll add a plus one for these guys; don't know if they can do a key replacement but where a dealership wanted I think R3k to make my current key just look pretty again, they charged a couple hundred. Worth a shot.
+2 replaced my old bmw key for less than 1k