R250 driver's licence online booking slot fee explained

Apogee

So their solution to this problem is to throw more money at it, not getting the people that is already being paid for it to do their jobs. :unsure:

Aghori

Honorary Master
Can't complain about something that does not get paid. Think mine is 6 ish years in arrears.
45 years arrears here... for 4 tv sets. I'm thinking of paying my TV license now, since it's the right thing to do.

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Outrage over R250 driver's licence fee

The Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) has emphasised that the R250 online booking fee proposed in the gazette released on 3 September includes the price of the licence card.

This follows outrage expressed by the Organisation Undoing Tax Abuse (Outa) and the South African Institute of Driving Instructors over what appears to be a misunderstanding of the fees published in the Government Gazette on Friday.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
So let me get straight

Drivers license fee
Car license fee
Sanral fee
Petrol levy fee

1631085951424.png

Slap this **** on this wrist and call him mama lusi get greedy

rvZA

Executive Member
You should all stop complaining. Pay the additional R250 and you will miraculously see millions of available slots popping up on eNatis. Yeah, you may need to queue 8-10 hours on the day, perhaps come back the next day, but at least you will get a slot real easy at R250 a pop.

quovadis

Executive Member
You should all stop complaining. Pay the additional R250 and you will miraculously see millions of available slots popping up on eNatis. Yeah, you may need to queue 8-10 hours on the day, perhaps come back the next day, but at least you will get a slot real easy at R250 a pop.
It's the only part that makes sense at least for now.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Ah... and people say SA is a cheap country to live in.

All these "little fees" and taxes adds up.

Lets be honest, no-one of any intelligence has said SA is a cheap country to live in in the last 10 years.
The only cheap things we have left is property and labour.

rvZA

Executive Member
South Africa, if not the most expensive country in the world, definitely ranks in the top 3. I do not care about fake sites posting all types of lifestyle stats, costs, etc. South Africa is damn expensive, much, much more than places like Paris, New York, London, Sydney and the likes.

Bigjay84

I'm pretty sure it didn't , but when they realised that they couldn't get away with it they changed it to include the renewal