R27 per month BlackBerry Internet Service launched by Cell C

The Door

Honorary Master
We use MTN R29 for facebook and twitter, and email is not that much mb.

Even if crab berries comes at half price and the BB service is for free, would still go for a decent phone.
That is, in South Africa.

What I love about my BB is I now carry a mobile comms device with me everywhere and I don't have to stress about ending calls or putting them on hold everytime I put the thing to my ear. My android handset on the other hand...

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
What I love about my BB is I now carry a mobile comms device with me everywhere and I don't have to stress about ending calls or putting them on hold everytime I put the thing to my ear. My android handset on the other hand...

You're holding it wrong.

The Door

Honorary Master
You're holding it wrong.

Nope. Definitely holding it right ;)
Only way my LG C660 with Cyanogenmod doesn't do that is if I don't hold it against my ear or if I lock it first. Trouble with locking it is ending the call afterwards is a process or trying to do calls to centers with touch tone options.

This was less of a problem with my original G1 which I much preferred to my C660.

falcon786

Honorary Master
Nope. Definitely holding it right ;)
Only way my LG C660 with Cyanogenmod doesn't do that is if I don't hold it against my ear or if I lock it first. Trouble with locking it is ending the call afterwards is a process or trying to do calls to centers with touch tone options.

This was less of a problem with my original G1 which I much preferred to my C660.

And what bb are you comparing this to?

Mouse

Expert Member
Heh. Well these deals are getting a push from RIM SA. Tech journos around the country got a bag with three Bar Ones in them: small, medium and large.

The payoff line on the included pamphlet reads: "The new BlackBerry plans... guaranteed to satisfy everyone, whatever their tastes."

Some of us prefer Lindt :p

gnomez

I 'recharged the BIS' on a spare blackberry this weekend, but could not use the 'R37 social and email' option. Kept giving a error and asked me to call Cell C, which I did. They didn't know what the problem was, so i chose the R27 (social) option which works perfectly.

Anyone else tried this ? issues ? works ?

falcon786

Honorary Master

A phone that costs R3500 and you comparing to a cheapie,compare to an android worth R3500 then you will be making sense as right now your argument is pointless and restricted to one silly cheapie android phone.

For R3500 these days you can pic up stuff like the sensation and gs2 which are frankly way way better than a 9360 and wont be giving you that problem.

The Door

Honorary Master
A phone that costs R3500 and you comparing to a cheapie,compare to an android worth R3500 then you will be making sense as right now your argument is pointless and restricted to one silly cheapie android phone.

For R3500 these days you can pic up stuff like the sensation and gs2 which are frankly way way better than a 9360 and wont be giving you that problem.

Cheap has nothing to do with it mate. I could make the same comparison with an 8520 lol. It's a design flaw and not just my android...
http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...making-calls-my-ear-keeps-hitting-keypad.html
http://android.bigresource.com/Sams...ing-a-call-and-hangs-up-fix-it-RL0NUnpvu.html
http://android.bigresource.com/Moto...tons-039-while-talking-fix-it--3y2UtT2kj.html

falcon786

Honorary Master

Those are bugs,if you look at bb they all have tons of it too every smartphone makers suffers from this sometimes.The reality is the VAST MAJORITY of android phones in the R3500 price range don't suffer from it.

I've had several mainstream android models and have never suffered from that even ONCE.

The Door

Honorary Master
Those are bugs,if you look at bb they all have tons of it too every smartphone makers suffers from this sometimes.The reality is the VAST MAJORITY of android phones in the R3500 price range don't suffer from it.

I've had several mainstream android models and have never suffered from that even ONCE.

Oh, bugs or not, my BB handset works well as a comms device, my Android suffers from a bug :D