R349 for a ****ed up screen protector at Vodacom Canal Walk...

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Well I have a S8 and one day I took a small zambak tin with me because of the cold weather for my lips.

My S8 screen looks like I dragged it on a tar road for 1km..... Yeah Gorilla glass is just another name. My meizu m2 note pirate screen has more scratch resistance than my genuine S8 screen.
Just use lip ice or labello...

InternetSwag

Expert Member
That is true.

I just don’t like the whole attitude of if you buy a screen guard at a store you’re now entitled to have it fitted. You can ask nicely or just do it yourself. If they mess it up it happens.

I don't know if I said so in my OP, but they took my phone. and handed it back with it on.

And Im pretty sure the 349 was fitment inclusive

InternetSwag

Expert Member
Well 24H later the screen protector might actually be perfect if OP got over his initial panic and waited for it to settle.

I'll be honest, this is partially true.
The haze did get better, but it's still there, if I showed you a new phone screen and mine, you'd think it's a different panel type. It's hazy and the colors looks damp.

But whatever, I'm over it now. I'll never use a screen protector again tho. You got my 349 Vodacom, you win

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
I'm with you on this.

Haven't used a screen protector for ages. I can tell the difference in sensitivity.
Also, screens these days do not scratch easily, especially with a decent cover (UAG etc).

I've never used a screen protector, and I've never had a scratched screen either.

ponder

Honorary Master
I'm particular about that. Nothing else goes in the phone pocket. Using a S8 now.

Screen protectors are a pain on curved screens...

Yeah, nothing goes into the pocket your phone goes into. It's not gonna scratch.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
You can still get fine micro scratches etc.

Thanks to Gorilla Glass I don't.

Depends on the type of Gorilla Glass.
If I remember correctly, LG on many phones still uses GG3 due to it having the best scratch resistance, GG5 is used due to the impact resistance.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Depends on the type of Gorilla Glass.
If I remember correctly, LG on many phones still uses GG3 due to it having the best scratch resistance, GG5 is used due to the impact resistance.

Good to know, thanks.
Off to google.

Mr M

Sorry to Necro.

Positive experience at Vodacom Berea, EL.

Opted for the gloss finish instead of the matt. Screen looks good, no bubbles - R299.

Took 5 minutes.